New Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Radiator

I have done a search on the forum for aluminium radiators but didn't really come up with much. Has any of you got one if so where did you get it. Winter is coming and i have known for a long time that my radiator has been leaking from about half way down. so there has been very little water or antifreeze to that matter in there. so i need a new rad. would like to upgrade with an ali one but will go down the road of a genuine one as a last resort.
    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

from toyota 325 quid
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

erm 325 for a new truck i hope!! thats a bit on the pricey side isnt it. is that for an aluminium rad then?

Comment

a nice ali and brass that wieghs around 15kg more than any after market one

Comment

ok will have a look now. found a new heavy duty one on ebay for around 139. milners is 130, and roughtrax is 189. was really looking for an all ali one though.

Comment

alot of people sware by the after market rads
            i dont myself
            i had 2 go in months of me getting them
            i give one away too and has far has i know its still running
            its your choise mate
            me my self wont do after market parts

Comment

dont get me wrong, i almost always go for genuine items. although there are some really good upgrades out there. my philosophy is if it breaks replace it with a better stronger one. have tried getting into contact with allisport but their website is still not functioning properly.

Comment

my reason for getting a toyota rad was
                the one that blow was a toyota rad that was on there since new
                it lasted 15 years on my surf before it blow
                it had been i japan for years then here i ragged my surf all over the place
                only reason it went was the solder came undone it was partly my falt
                it was the rad finns was half full of mud from off roading
                i got an after market rad it did one outing
                i sent it back and they sent me a new one
                it blow again in 5 months i had them send me a new one again and gave it away on here
                i got myself a new red from toyota and its fine
                i gave it the same hammer i gave the others and its held up

so it could just be bad luck i may have droped on a bad rad or bad rad company
                other on here have after market rads mainly rughtracks ones (i think)

i got one from toyota in hope it will last me 15 years

Comment

I got this one in July - seems pretty good.
                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIFETIME-RADIA...item4cea48cfe4

The price has gone up though. I paid £159 (which I thought was quite enough)
                  Mark

Comment

cant seem to find one for my manual kzn130 though. are they any good?

Comment

ally radiators

no one makes an all alloy radiator for surfs apart from the custom ones at around 500 quid - the alloy ones available have plastic end tanks much like the originial equipment stuff at around 150 quid

Comment

I have an ally rad and header tank in Lucifer.I will try to find out who made it and the cost aswell
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i just want to make sure that it is going to last and cope with everything i throw at it. i want to put some electric fans onto it to. was looking at this rad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-H...item45f43ad8aa

see what you thing. reasonable price too. that ali rad and header tank sounds good

Comment

The rad was fitted to Lucifer because on the v8 and the big tyres to assist in keeping the truck cool.It also has a very good electric fan fitted which is switched and only turned on once the temp reaches half way
                            Also the rad is totally ally and no plastic top and bottom to it
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i want it. can you remember roughly how much you got it for

Comment

Working...
                              X