Traveling To Buy A Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling To Buy A Vehicle

Okay this isn't a dig at anyone, so please don't take this personally.

I had a Surf lined up had mine sold yesterday. It was down Apaches way, Malvern / Wichenford. I had a look at the train fares and from Newcastle to Kidderminster it was only £34. The owner was going to pick me up at the station.

I travelled from Newcastle to York on the train to buy Lauras Ford Galaxy and from Newcastle to Reading to buy my BMW, £6.50 on the bus to London (never again) and £9.00 on the train to Reading. Luckily everything I travel to buy has been in A1 condition. I look upon it as a bit of an adventure and I love train travel.

Still, it's not everyones cup of tea I suppose. Has anyone else travelled a fair distance to pick up a vehicle (apart from Richard of course, who tours the country!)
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I do enjoy the travelling about the country collecting trucks.
    i did go to Northampton to collect Lucifer and Hertfordshire to collect my 3rd gen.
    I never saw the 3rd gen apart from pics on here before i bought it and i had no-one to look it over.I took the sellers word and put a deposit on it then went up the following week and paid for it and drove it home.Its the first time i have done that and it was only cause it was a forum member and i talked to him on the phone for a long time before making the decision to buy it.Good job i got in when i did as Bogus put an offer on it right after i did
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

From Chester to Salisbury to buy my Audi S6.

Comment

Yep, I was after the 3rd gen that Surf01 had advertised in the For Sale section. Rang him and emailed Andy (Apache) about it.

Unfortunately it's gone now!
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

14 years of working every were by trains car bus plain and even walked
          love it all and i will go any were
          glad you loved ya day out dude
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

The farthest I have travelled to pick up a vehicle was Hastings to Birmingham for my truck.
            Neal

Comment

worst trip - from cheltenham to blue water in kent to pick up a toyota carina by f----ing bus, never ever again.
              best trip --from cheltenham to guildford by train to pick up surf after travelling down to view it in the soarer the week before, theres a lot of traffic round there.

Comment

if yours is still for sale end of november then i could be making that reverse trip from Reading to you.. lol

in the past I've done some long haul journeys, longest timewise was almost the shortest journey, due to rail closures and diversion, from reading to Swansea took almost 8 hours door to door, for a so called mint golf - got there and it was mint alright - mint like a polo - with holes!!

still £400 was worth it not to spend 8 hours getting home and drove it back in hour n half!!

have travelled loads for cars, i think the furthest so far was 220 miles, but that was easy as i got a lift 3/4 of way

Comment

I love travelling around, I've picked up trucks from the midlands, wales, and all over the south. Normally on trailers, but if they're drivable getting transport to them and driving them home.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

220 miles each way the other Saturday to collect Andy's 96 Intercooler. Wouldn't have done it off ebay.
                    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

7 miles to buy the 2nd gen.
                      80 miles the buy the 3rd gen.
                      180 miles to buy the 'Batmobile'

Comment

i like driving but 5 and a half hours plus one way and then have to drive back the same day dosen't appeal to mestill like your truck would have it still if you were a bit closer

Comment

Edinburgh to Chester for my second 2nd gen. Edinburgh to Stroud for the 3rd gen I have now, and Edinburgh to Manchester for my FTO and I would have gone to wherever it was for the one Stormy has now, if he hadnt beat me to it.

Bogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

I have had more problems buying cars from near me then ever had when having to travel.Been all over the country and from Hastings any where is a long trip.Best one was for a bike i got from Hull in a 4speed 1.6 transit what a trip!!!!!! took forever.

Comment

I picked up a brand new coach from Sweden. I got the ferry from Newcastle to malmo and a Swedish train to...wherever the place was( it was twenty Years ago). It took about three days, including two overnight ferries.
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X