torque converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
    nope. gearbox is very different, so would probably guess the convertor is as well
    Tony if I brought this down would you be able to fix it and supply the parts?
    How much do you reckon it would cost to fix (parts and labour)?

Comment

Originally posted by ricky gibb View Post
      Tony if I brought this down would you be able to fix it and supply the parts?
      How much do you reckon it would cost to fix (parts and labour)?

Shame you're so far away, I charge £200 to remove and replace Surf gearboxes and still feel guilty.

n Gotta agree what others have said "It's gotta be worth the drive down" to see the Doctor anglegrinder n sleepover aswell just down the road !!

Jess
      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
      Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 16 October 2010, 23:59.
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post

n Gotta agree what others have said "It's gotta be worth the drive down" to see the Doctor anglegrinder n sleepover aswell just down the road !!

Jess
        "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
        checked gear oil down just a little do you top this up down dip stick what oil do you use red stuff in shed gear oil thanks.

Comment

I need a new Babel fish!

Yeah, if the oil in your shed is red, it'll be fine.

Comment

The oil in my shed is golden - will it be OK to fry my chips in, oh genius one?
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Last edited by Maverick; 17 October 2010, 18:35.
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                I need a new Babel fish!

Yeah, if the oil in your shed is red, it'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Are you certain it's oil?
                  I seem to recall you've been boiling p1ss recently.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Are you certain it's oil?
                    I seem to recall you've been boiling p1ss recently.
                    very funny needed a laugh by the way oil not coming out as much. pull caravan with surf seems to leak more when under stress. under the body to day theres sponge at end of gear box its soaking with oil ..........................????

Comment

checked gear oil down just a little do you top this up down dip stick what oil do you use red stuff in shed gear oil thanks.
                      Mate, thats hard to make head or tail of...

yeah, you top it up down the dipstick tube, AFT fluid is red, so are other lubricants, I have no idea what oil you have in your shed!!

You need Dextron II or III.

I'll do your seal, or converter if your sure its that, and you think its worth the trip, don't forget to add £50 B&B and about £400 odd worth of diesel. Find a Converter first, they might hard to find.

The rest of you play nicely! Or I'll move it to the tech section and there'll be no excuse for frivoility...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It's your rear crank oil seal, as mentioned previously. If the torque converter had split, or had a hole in it, you wouldn't manage more than a few miles before you lost so much fluid, you also lost drive. Buy a 20 year old gearbox and torque converter by all means...but it's a waste of cash.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Mate, thats hard to make head or tail of...

yeah, you top it up down the dipstick tube, AFT fluid is red, so are other lubricants, I have no idea what oil you have in your shed!!

You need Dextron II or III.

I'll do your seal, or converter if your sure its that, and think its worth the trip, don't forget to add £50 B&B and about £400 odd worth of diesel. Find a Converter first, they might hard to find.

The rest of you play nicely! Or I'll move it to the tech section and there'll be no excuse for frivoility...
                          stuff in shed is automatic transmission and power steering fluid d11 gm6137m on bottle tony going offline for 4 days but will be in touch many thanks
                          .............................. .............................. ......

Comment

.............................. .............................. ......
                            Ah, it does work.
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The red stuff in my shed is for the Patio Oil Burners. I wouldn't use it in my truck.
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                                Ah, it does work.
                                LOL, I thought they were all the punctuation missing from the rest of the thread.
                                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X