• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      If you have a center diff you have to have a locking diff in it or you'll never get 4WD, just AWD, all years of 3rd Gen have Multimode 4WD, only a really rare few are part time 4wd like a second Gen, the vast majority are Multimode, ie, 2WD, AWD, 4WD...

Andy would have been really unlucky to find one, and pretty daft to buy it if he found one.

:pmsl: @ Gra....
      Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Tony, are you trying to say I'm *not* daft???

I believe the gearshifter / 4wd lever are in the same position as a 2nd gen on th first ones - but then again I really wouldn't give a shiny sh1te as its so nice to have a truck again at a bargain price, and change over from the Celica sale to fund a massive telly, a blueray player, a winter coat for the missus and a few damn good nights out!
      LOL, well are you or arn't you?

I just ment there is no 'early' or 'first ones' you can get any 3rd Gen with Multimode or Part Time 4wd, Most are multimode, and why would you by a 3rd Gen with Part Time 4wd if you'd done any research? the big advantage of a 3rd Gen over a 2nd Gen is the AWD.
      Blimey!........Wish I'd never mentioned it!....Cheers....Mick.
      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Good to see you are back in the world of Surfs !
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

What a lovely looking motor and a great price.

What is the web address please

Comment

Just google AK Motors, Bolton.

He's got another 2.7 in with very light front end damage repaired (slid into another car in the snow last year) with similar miles that he's got up for £2495 but told me he'd let it go for £2k.

I would have had it but for another £400, there was the tidy one... and I'd already bought my big telly
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Cool, Thanks I'll have a look

Comment

very nice Andy. Good find, just need to get the valet pack from halfrauds and your all set.

Shame its not got the rear hung spare (personal preferance). Have you got any mods planned ?
                If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Gonna get it valeted locally, then fit some radios in that huuge space in the centre console. There's lots and lots of blanks in the dash for switches too

I was toying with the idea of a bonnet light pod like you can get for Defenders / Discos rather than roof lights. Of if I do fit roof lights, maybe make them electrically foldable so I can move them flat to the roof for carparks etc
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by mckirdy-services View Post
                    very nice Andy. Good find, just need to get the valet pack from halfrauds and your all set.

Shame its not got the rear hung spare (personal preferance). Have you got any mods planned ?
                    I'm with Vince, I much prefer the look of the underslung spare.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The barrier at the council dumps is just high enough, I think the addition of roof bars / lights etc would make it too high.

Makes you wonder how discos manage as they are generally that bit higher.

Be interesting to see what the bonnet lights look like.

Have fun

Comment

I'm with Vince, I much prefer the look of the underslung spare.

Each to there own :-). It does make it look "smarter" and less agricultural.

I don't like crawling under a car to get the spare out as it's always covered in dirt / muck no matter what. With a rear hung the rain keeps it clean :-)

Plus I prefer the look of it :-). It's one thing that puts me off the amazon.

Oh well :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          Tony, are you trying to say I'm *not* daft???

I believe the gearshifter / 4wd lever are in the same position as a 2nd gen on th first ones - but then again I really wouldn't give a shiny sh1te as its so nice to have a truck again at a bargain price, and change over from the Celica sale to fund a massive telly, a blueray player, a winter coat for the missus and a few damn good nights out!

and change over from the Celica sale to fund a massive telly, a blueray player, a winter coat for the missus and a few damn good nights out!

Ya have a few shillings left over for some more beer too... wooo hooo
                          Nice find Andy
                          Oh by the way Welcome again !!!!

Jess
                          "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                          Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 11 October 2010, 14:22.
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                          X