Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine scatches

Hi Chaps,
    Can anybody out there tell me how to get rid of the fine scratches in the clear coat. I thought i might be able to rub them out with some fine paste compound but all its done is make it bigger.

I even used auto gleam over the top of the finest compound i could find !

I suppose the only other option is to give it some more clear coat ? And see how it comes out . Any body out there had this problem ?

Still Learning!

Originally posted by western uk View Post
    Hi Chaps,
    Can anybody out there tell me how to get rid of the fine scratches in the clear coat. I thought i might be able to rub them out with some fine paste compound but all its done is make it bigger.

LOL

I even used auto gleam over the top of the finest compound i could find !

I suppose the only other option is to give it some more clear coat ? And see how it comes out . Any body out there had this problem ?

Still Learning!
    www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Look through their wax products. The one I use dries like plastic. You may even be able to use some kind of clay bar, but I've never used those, not sure what they are for.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Don't ask me, I detail my truck by driving through rivers or letting it get rained on.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for that Diesel boy, That's some fancy car cleaning Sh..t mate, Does that mean those guys hobbies are cleaning cars rather than driving around in them

Yeah i used to auto gleam it at least once a week, as you know its a lot of motor to keep clean. That was when i had a van though. Now the surf is my all rounder, Van,personnel vehicle,taxi for kids and family get around. It looks like it's been in a siege. Scratches around door handles, Scratches in the mirror window sheets where the kids have picked it off ! Key scratches around the locks. Surfing stickers,Mirror chrome blemishes etc, etc.

I registered on that forum to gain info so you never know i might find out how to sort my scratches out ! Or is it a case of hitting it with the clay and waxing it, couldn't make it out ?

Comment

When tintin got the free leeter, I think some of the scratches were so deep, he had to forget about polishing them and think about repointing.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

you need a g3 rubbing compound or tcut
            cheers
            daz

Comment

Hi Daz,
              When you say i need a 3g rubbing compound or t cut, should i use wet and dry first then the compound then more clear coat. Let dry for 24 hrs then blend together with t cut and then wax ?

Cheers

Comment

g3 wet paint work use a car mop poishing machine on low setting panel at atime then polish with a good brand polish if you were closer would do it for you im at stevos tuesday having head done got to find something to do for six hours plus.
                Last edited by BIG GENERAL; 1 October 2010, 19:30. Reason: missed word out

Comment

I deleted my rant, but I'll stick this in for the post count...
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ight=an1mal_69

I've gotten out most scars with t-cut and then autoglym, think Nik used a buffing machine on this thread.

peace
                    cal
                    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Guy's i'll have another go the next time i wash her.

Comment

Working...
                      X