No announcement yet.

Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what the weather is going to be like tomorrow? It was dry today but chilly, and Tuesday it rained most of the day but was quite warm to be honest!
    I've just had a lovely dinner. Think I'll go and have a shower now and get an early night.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

sigh....

O/D Off just dosn't let it change into top gear, that's all, so will feel more responsive when you press the pedal as it's in a lower gear.

ECT alters the gear change points like BPS said. So it revs higher before changing gear.

REZO make bling pedal covers, shiny gear knobs and air fresheners according to that link I posted, so yeah, you Surf will beat a Impreza of the lights if its tuned by Rizla, sorry, Rezo.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Put a surfinskinblabla sticker on it and it will not only be faster, but b loody rare into the bargain.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
          Read posts 1 through 13
          You try and stick up for the newbies when they are being slightly harshly done by, and see what happens...

Comment

Tomorrows weather forecast!!

Oh Knoe!!!!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              REZO make bling pedal covers, shiny gear knobs and air fresheners according to that link I posted, so yeah, you Surf will beat a Impreza of the lights if its tuned by Rizla, sorry, Rezo.....
              They make this bad boy. NEED:

Comment

Yeah thanks for clearing that up Tony

As for the car beating a Impreza off the lights, I suppose your does

My car has no go faster pedals gear knobs or other stupid little gizmo's apart from a turbo timer, although i did up rate the front speakers to Kickers.

If the car has been tuned is it not detrimental to the Toyota set up, engine wise i mean ? Or is there lots of room for development through up rated, stronger parts ?

By the way Dieselboy the weather tomorrow will be mainly Sh......t !

And Yoshie if you'd read my original question properly maybe you wouldn't of put that stupid comment up !

Is this Forum a Knowledge base for all Surf drivers or just a Big Ego trip ?

Thanks for reading my post

Comment

Originally posted by western uk View Post
                  Y

The latter. Welcome to the internet.

Comment

I also forgot to add that Razo has won lots of racing championships as well as making add on gizmos for boy racers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You're doing pretty good for first impressions mate!
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

It's mainly an Ego trip! people like to laugh at people that don't know what they're talking about or make a mistake - but take the rough with the smooth you'll also get really good advice and help when you need it (mostly)
                        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I also forgot to add that Razo has won lots of racing championships as well as making add on gizmos for boy racers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Only as a sponsor. JPS, Marlboro, Silk Cut and Camel all have a rich history in that particular arena. Should I be smoking fags to make my car go faster?

I think Tony has a Westfield, so I suppose it would beat an Impreza off the lights.

Anyway, have a cup of tea and calm down. This is a forum, and a fairly chatty one at that. If you ask a question, you'll get the answer in the end but there will be a lot of smart-arse comments along the way. I don't think it's going to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                            They make this bad boy. NEED:

Sanch... I must MUST have one of those! Can you buy me one? Please? Does it contain real beer or is it just a fake keg?

Actually, hasnt someone stole that off the local Judge? Dont they use one of those when they shout things like "order ORDER!" and "You're FIRED".. I'm unsure about the second one.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                              Sanch... I must MUST have one of those! Can you buy me one? Please? Does it contain real beer or is it just a fake keg?
                              It comes with a free St Bernard.

Comment

Yeah thanks for clearing that up Tony

As for the car beating a Impreza off the lights, I suppose your does

My car has no go faster pedals gear knobs or other stupid little gizmo's apart from a turbo timer, although i did up rate the front speakers to Kickers.

If the car has been tuned is it not detrimental to the Toyota set up, engine wise i mean ? Or is there lots of room for development through up rated, stronger parts ?
                                No problem..

Like sancho said, which car?

There is always a option to tune cars a little, most car makers err on the side of reliability and economy when setting them up.

You can get uprated injectors, remapped ECU's, fettled fuel pumps, etc.... or mess with turbo pressures, intercoolers, exhaust and intakes.

Propane assist also works well in oil burners.

But it will rarely be as easy to live with daily if you make any significant changes, that why millions have been spent in getting it to run like it does from the factory.

My turck has 3" exhaust and uprated injectors, but any performance gains are swallowed by 33" tyres and 6" of lift so hard to tell any different.

Comment

Working...
                                X