Long Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Time

Well it's been so long since i have been on the forum I couldn't even remember my password. I trust you are all well. Having finished my KZN-130 daily runner with its 4" lift, 2" bodylift and 33" kuhmo's. Which are excellent i might add. Im starting a new project, but I need some suggestions from you boys/girls for ideas.

The base truck is a LN-130. no rust at all. Good starting point. I'm thinking of using Landcruiser axles with standard difflocks which are really robust and should last a while. 38" tyres, no bigger as i want this thing to articulate. I want v8 of some sort, not a rover. Then eventually I would like the back to be cut off properly about half way where the rear door is. External cage, winches front, rear and centre. Oh it will be lifted tidily too.

Any suggestions would be fantastic. And all ideas will be welcomed. Especially from the fabricators as I would need someone to do all the suspension work which will be the first part of the project!!
    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

The obvious choice is the Lexus V8 - a quick search should provide huge amounts of info if you want to do it yourself rather than give it to Vince to do

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

The lexus is definately a choice. I'm building this for fun so the more power and grunt the better. i was just looking at a twin turbo v8 diesel thats 350hp. might be dreaming on that one though

Comment

I believe that there's a supercharger available for the Lexus lump ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

how much is the supercharger. would have fun moulding a snorkel round that. i also need to source some tidy axles with the difflocks complete. thats my first task. if i can get the suspension and drivetrain done im halfway there

Comment

Working...
          X