Video sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video sender

I'm wanting to put a telly somewhere remote from the sky+ box, but dont want to run cables round the house.

Anyone running any video senders? If so, whats the quality like? I've seen some 5.8GHz ones (which wont be affected by wifi) but not sure whether the quality would stand up, particularly with HD.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

My experience with video senders is that they are total garbage. As for HD, forget it.
    Cable and an rf sender for the remote.
    Or Sky Mulitroom, which may be 10 notes a month, but at least means you are allowed to watch sport during X-Celebrity-Changing-Designs-on-Ice...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      I'm wanting to put a telly somewhere remote from the sky+ box, but dont want to run cables round the house.

Anyone running any video senders? If so, whats the quality like? I've seen some 5.8GHz ones (which wont be affected by wifi) but not sure whether the quality would stand up, particularly with HD.
      Well having sold them for a few years, 5.8Ghz better than the 2.4Ghz but the same restrictions apply, radio wave transpancy of the building, had new build well then, new plaster board has a metal sheet on the back of it doh! old build just depends on the thickness of the walls etc nothing you don't know 10 times more about than I do mate

As for HD well, they are about, but the more data you try and send on your carrier the better it has to be.

I would suggest using the 1080p networked vid senders then use the 200mb+ network over mains gubbins to try and get a HD picture without cables everywhere.

peace
      cal
      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

The house is at least 150 years old so no problems with transparency. Dont have any probs with wifi so should be OK.

However, it sounds like good 1080p kit could cost more than I'd want to pay to avoid moving the Sky box!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Is there a kit which allows you to use the household wiring?
          Or should I just shut the F U and stick to hummers and/or sewage.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I have some kind of Philips thing and it's totally useless. Plugged it in once and unplugged it within 20 minutes. From what I can gather, it wasn't getting very well with the Wifi.

Comment

I hate to see visible cables too, but I hate to have a bad picture too.
              Once you get on and do it, cables aren't that hard to hide.
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                Is there a kit which allows you to use the household wiring?
                Or should I just shut the F U and stick to hummers and/or sewage.
                Actually your right.

http://www.devolo.co.uk/consumer/dla...work.html?l=en

Will transmit 1080p over your network, just need vid to network adaptors.

Like:-

http://hiddenwires.co.uk/resourcesar...060403-01.html

Blue delta works very well from experience but would be a solution I think in part to the whole.

peace
                cal
                Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

take the time out to hide the wires and keep the quality
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                  X