3rg gen on Bio Diesel / WVO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rg gen on Bio Diesel / WVO ?

Anyone running their 3rd gen on Biodiesel or WVO ? Might go onto Bio over the winter months.

Any feedback would be great.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Have a search mate, there is tonnes of info on it.
    I'm thinking about doing it & have nearly everything I need including 500 or so litres of waste veg oil, I just need to sort out the best way of filtering it.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

he he he ....

Jess
      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Evenin all. Ive been running my KNZ130 on 100% bio since April, and its sweet as a nut. Iv'e just dropped on a source for WVO and started filtering. I use a sieve, then a 10 micron filter sock, then a 1 micron. I then leave it to settle. Iv'e built a filtering rig using two old directors chairs. It folds flat for storage, and Im quite chuffed with it.....Some pics....Cheers....Mick.
        Attached Files
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Try this one.

it works with no heat or electricity, good for setting up in the shed etc.

I use a metal drum with an immersion heater in it.

Oil goes into the drum using a 20 micron sock filter with a pillow case inside (to catch all the crud and not block up the sock filter too quick) then heat up oil for a couple of hours and stir it manually (will plumb in a pump later). Then out through a 1 micron filter in a housing.
          Its best to leave your oil for a week or so and let the water drop out to the bottom.
          If you don't filter too well you will get a blocked filter (got loads of white fatty deposits in mine), lack of power, loads of white smoke and overdrive no engaging!
          I was too lazy/hasty and did not leave for 1 week bfore filtering.

Also before using your oil do a hot pan test. (search above site for more details).
          l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

Cheers for that guys. I'm already in that forum you posted link to.

Just wondering how the 3rd gens cope on Bio. I've got a twin tank set up with heated filter and heat exchanger. Ran on SVO no probs last year. Have used 150 lts of filtered WVO that i had collected and got a friend to filter out for me. Added 5% petrol to it as it was filtered in the warmer months.

Just didn't know if the bio full of chemicals had any effect on engine or components? Fuel lines,seals,pumps etc.?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
              he he he ....

Jess
              Go on then...........Peanut

Comment

Here ya are Fraser this is how it started over 12 months but as volumes increased so did the containers ..... see post 20
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...=%22Veg+Oil%22

Jess
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                X