Light bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light bar

Bought some spots to go under my Thule roof bar the other day. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-x-WIPAC-Roof...60009809788926.
    Basically want them as per pic attached (apologies for shameful copying)
    But suspect they are not going fit underneath just bolted straight into the bar. My options are fit an L-shaped bracket to the front of the roof bar to hang them off, or use four alu or s/s/ strips to wrap around the roof bar and tighten to attach each light individually.
    Any thoughts? Or anyone know where I could source some suitable brackets/metal strips?
    Attached Files

Two very useful guides here

http://daemon4x4.org/tech/hiluxsurf/.../light_bar.htm

and here

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=roof+lights

Comment

Has anyone actually used these small lights in the Dark?

If they are only low powered 55w are they any use in the dark or is it better to go for a bigger reflector say in a round spot light?
      Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post

If they are only low powered 55w are they any use in the dark or is it better to go for a bigger reflector say in a round spot light?
        the H4 lamps at the front of yur truck are 55 watts, and they do OK in the dark
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
          Bought some spots to go under my Thule roof bar the other day. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-x-WIPAC-Roof...60009809788926.
          Basically want them as per pic attached (apologies for shameful copying)
          But suspect they are not going fit underneath just bolted straight into the bar. My options are fit an L-shaped bracket to the front of the roof bar to hang them off, or use four alu or s/s/ strips to wrap around the roof bar and tighten to attach each light individually.
          Any thoughts? Or anyone know where I could source some suitable brackets/metal strips?
          Interesting to see the lights Matey, I bought some off the same seller on Ebay just about the same as them just a little shallower and rounder, on mine after 2 days the screws started to rust, I had to send them pictures as they did not believe me, they are sending me all stainless replacements. Could you let me know if yours are starting to rust ? If they are get back to them asap if not after time you would have rust all over your roof like me ..Thanks

Comment

Hmm. Thanks for that webbo. Will keep an eagle eye out. Was it the main bolts or the little screws holding the front on?

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
              Hmm. Thanks for that webbo. Will keep an eagle eye out. Was it the main bolts or the little screws holding the front on?
              It was all of them, the m5s holding the lights to the brackets and the little self tappers, I would be sure if yours have got wet they are starting to rust,offroadrovers said to be they have sold loads, so why are mine the only ones rusting ? Have a look and let me know, I would also be interested in what they would tell you ?

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post
                See the link in the previous thread. They work very well offroad in very dark conditions. Dont fall into the mindset that you need to project light hundreds of yards ahead, you dont. You only need to light the immediate 50 yards or so around the front 1/4 of the truck effectively. Mine were very cheap (£10 a pair) RING driving lamps.

I used to keep the outer two angled out and down so I could see where I was putting my wheels. Drove Strata Florida in the dark (including the infamous bombhole) and it was a non-event.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                X