• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell?

Better take a look at this?

It's a Firefox problem.

Comment

nah chrome is doing it as well, to could be down to something a new member has uploaded..... one of these nonsensical numeric ids

Comment

Should use a proper browser like IE - no problems here...

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I'm getting it as well. I tried to request an independent review on behalf of the forum but it's a bit involved and I want to go to bed!

The way to fix it:
          Edit > Preferences > Security tab >
          Then UNCHECK "Block reported attack sites"

I read up on it, and it's because there have been two independent reports of malware hosted on this website.

I think it could be someone having a laugh! Google / Firefox have been dating recently as well
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

P.S. Firefox is pants! If you have Windows I don't understand why people use it? I have it installed on the work laptop to view web portals we make to see how they behave (just so we know when other people use Firefox etc).

I'm now using Ubuntu as a main OS so sort of forced into Firefox.
            This is the OS I use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvfRpmqKRbs
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Does anyone know if you can run programes like sonar natively in unbuntu or they have to be sand boxed? very tasty looking OS,

peace
              cal
              Last edited by Calos; 18 September 2010, 00:20.
              Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

I use chrome because it is less buggy the IE8 and it runs much faster.

Don't like firefox but would still use it over IE.....dam I would use safari over IE as well!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by funkykebab View Post
                  I use chrome because it is less buggy the IE8 and it runs much faster.

Don't like firefox but would still use it over IE.....dam I would use safari over IE as well!

Matt
                  With Chrome they log all the URLs you visit.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
                    Does anyone know if you can run programes like sonar natively in unbuntu or they have to be sand boxed? very tasty looking OS,

peace
                    cal
                    What's Sonar?
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

yep ive got it too on mac and windows - just disabled the warning and its cured the problem

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        P.S. Firefox is pants! If you have Windows I don't understand why people use it? I have it installed on the work laptop to view web portals we make to see how they behave (just so we know when other people use Firefox etc).

I'm now using Ubuntu as a main OS so sort of forced into Firefox.
                        This is the OS I use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvfRpmqKRbs
                        What a brilliant OS, I downloaded it last night after seeing this and just getting to grips with it this morning, makes windows look like it's as rapid as a slug, some excellent features to it as well, am running it in dual boot mode as there's a few programs I need that are windows only but overall I can't see me booting windows too often from here on in.
                        Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                          What a brilliant OS, I downloaded it last night after seeing this and just getting to grips with it this morning, makes windows look like it's as rapid as a slug, some excellent features to it as well, am running it in dual boot mode as there's a few programs I need that are windows only but overall I can't see me booting windows too often from here on in.
                          Great! Its great. I will need Windows for a couple of things, but the amount of grief Windows has given me before I'm hoping to use Ubuntu full time. There is a learning curve, so if you need anything just PM me! I don't know everything but have found a few tricks out the hard way.
                          Make sure your graphics driver is installed, you'll know if it isnt if moving windows around is laggy.
                          There is about 100 updates to install (bit like windows update) but you will be notified of that. It doesnt take long.

A nice add on is called Cairo-Dock. It adds a flash type menu bar at the bottom of the screen a bit like Apple Mac's have. I've moved the bottom panel up to the top. See screenshot.
                          I just used gimp to edit the 700k screenshot down to 200k.

Have you used Linux before?
                          Attached Files
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                            Great! Its great. I will need Windows for a couple of things, but the amount of grief Windows has given me before I'm hoping to use Ubuntu full time. There is a learning curve, so if you need anything just PM me! I don't know everything but have found a few tricks out the hard way.
                            Make sure your graphics driver is installed, you'll know if it isnt if moving windows around is laggy.
                            There is about 100 updates to install (bit like windows update) but you will be notified of that. It doesnt take long.

A nice add on is called Cairo-Dock. It adds a flash type menu bar at the bottom of the screen a bit like Apple Mac's have. I've moved the bottom panel up to the top. See screenshot.
                            I just used gimp to edit the 700k screenshot down to 200k.

Have you used Linux before?
                            I haven't even seen a Linux system running before let alone used one but so far it's very impressive, I've also put the Cairo dock on mine as well as the Awn for the widgets, have so far found it very quick to pick up considering I've only used DOS, Gem and the various Windows OS's.
                            I couldn't believe how quick it installed, downloaded the file while I was at work got in that morning and started to install it, 45 minutes later the OS was in, Email setup and was mucking about with the desktop before coming on here, with a complete Windows install I'd still be configuring everything after two and a half hours, and don't worry, as soon as I get stuck you'll have PM's coming out of your ears .
                            Neal

Comment

Working...
                            X