Right sickener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right sickener

I got my surf back from a mechanic I have never used before this afternoon, friends recomendation, not a Surf owner. Normally I do my own work or use a superb mechanic who could not fit me in. Anyway £75.00 for fitting CV boots, I supplied the parts.

It gets worse, flattend/squashed rubber on the bottom ball joint (fitted brand new in March) and previously unmarked 15 year old wishbone is now spattered with HAMMER marks.

OK my fault no reciept or break down of work or estimate. He has a propper well fitted out workshop, nice signs the whole thing.

Any advice? As for my jeep I mean I want no retribution and I hope he enjoys the money because he will get no more. Can I get the front checked, really worried about the drive shaft etc.

Cheers Tony, "Yep another one."

P.S. I will pop pictures on tomo for the morbidly curious among you. If it was someone else I would like a butchers.
    Its all about the journey not the destination.

£75 for boots isn't bad at all. I paid £50 for one side not too long ago. Took a while to do as it's awkward.. What boots were replaced? I had both inner and outer on the near side done.

As for the control arm, that's a bit disappointing! Might want to spray it so bare metal isn't exposed. Any ideas why it was hit with a hammer? When we did the boots we used a 3 foot lever bar on the upper arm to enable us to get everything back together.

Also what has happened to your Jeep? I think I missed that post.. It is getting late after all! Apologies!

Post up some pictures, can't be that bad!

Cheers,
    Tony
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence there Tony I dont feel so bad this morning,
      when I say both boots I mean inner and outer on the near side not both sides of the truck.

I guess I was just upset the he treated my truck a bit heavy handidly, I will replace the ball joint and all will be fine. Probably no need to check the drive shaft.

I`ll pop a pic in the rigs section in about 15 minutes.

Cheers Tony.

Comment

thats not to bad a price.I had 2 mot's done and 1 outer cv boot for one of the mot's and the bill is just over £180.The mot for each truck is £51.That works out about £70 plus vat for 1 cv boot.Its only because i never had the time to do the cv boot myself that i asked the garage to do it for the mot
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The price might not be bad but i dont like the sound of hammer marks!! i'd be a bit pi$$ed as well
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

The hammer marks may be from where they knocked the bolts out from the ball joint to release the wishbone.They can be tight little feckers at times.The wishbone wont of been damaged by the hammer (obviosly the hammer marks) but thats all.Clean it up and give it a paint to cover it all up.
            I know it does #### you off when you see it but its on solid piece of metal not really seen.It could of been worse and been part of the bodywork then i would of been really p155ed off
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thank you very much for all your advice and support. I drove my Surf 40 miles today fully loaded for a kayaking trip and nothing really to report so all good.

Thanks a million.

Tony.

Comment

Working...
              X