At Lulworth tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Lulworth tonight...

Staying by the cove and playing with tanks again up at Bovington. Did Viking Mk1 today - an easy one, went smoothly for a change. Mind you, I was working with a mix of Marines and Paras, and those guys get things done.

Tomorrow over at DSG for another couple.

But.... I got a fully loaded 2010 Nissan Pathfinder as my hire car, and you know what? It's lovely! Very powerful, much more so than the 3.0TD Surf, comfy, lots of toys - but it rolls like a drunk pig, very Defender-esque. Comfy though, and seems reasonably fuel efficient for its size.

I could easily live with one - anyone wanna lend me thirty-odd grand?

Oh, by the way, the 'hotel' is Dorset Pub of the Year, and has a whole range of Badger beers. First Gold is one of my fave bottled beers ever, but right now I'm working my through a Tanglefoot.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I'd hate your job andy.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

TBH Gra, I'd rather be at home at the mo.

Going to try to do both remaining vehicles tomorrow and drive home early Friday rather than Friday eve.

Comment

isint the pathfinder just an estate version of the navara ?

I cant stand the navara, i have driven the new one a few times and it makes me sea sick (it rolls about) ok on motorway in a straight line but awfull on country lanes. and really hard seats

Some people love them, each to there own.

It would be great if toyota did an estate version of the hilux, a new 4 runner etc.

I cant understand why they dont sell them over here, but they do in other countrys.

It there is a sufficient market for the pathfinder etc then surely there would be a market for new uk 4runners ?
        If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Well, having lived with it for another day, I'd say the body roll is no worse than a Surf with the rear ARB off, but the extra power, quietness are a plus.

I did however have a chat with a chap in green today who says he had one as a hire car in Jordan (the place, not person - though a Pathfinder probably would fit 'in' the person...) and says it was a bit rubbish offroad.

Comment

LOL, Our horse dentist was here today, he has a new Navara, his 'old' (3 yrs) one just shredded a timing chain and destroyed itself, Nissan garage sorted him out good deal on a new one to keep him happy, this one has done 3000 miles and ran out of oil last week!

As he left he said "I wish I'd bought a Hilux".....
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

What can I say? I'm a man who likes to buy oil!

Horses have dentists??? Jeez, they'll be wearing shoes next!

Comment

A couple of pics now I'm back home...

The view from my hotel room.

My 'office' with that view. Made working on my test data a bit less of a bind.

Comment

The black bear in Wareham does some good pub grub
                  Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                  X