Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

A bit green here as I've only just nicely bought my first Surf and we are still getting to know each other.
    Can someone tell me why they are so expensive to insure? I struggled to get quotes at all and the few companies that were interested were wearing a three pointed hat a mask and carried a flintlock.
    I have another car which all my no claims is attributed to but everyone I spoke offered to "mirror" this in my new policy. This ended up being twice that of my other car.
    NFU gave me a sensible quote but they based this on a 2.4 twin cab pick up. No amount of explanation down the phone seemed to make them see this was no good to me.

Adrian flux,Noel dazely, a plan, sureterm,compare your meerkat to name but a few...lokk at the threads on the bottom of this page guv.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Try Noel Dazely

Just done mine for £251

Comment

I have just insured this fully comp with no ncd as thats all on my other surf for £675 and its with Adrian Flux
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I just got mine through barclays...£400 per year

Comment

UUUURRRRGH!

Cost me £700 through Adrian Flux. Could it have anything to do with the manual gearbox? It's the only one I've ever come across.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
              Could it have anything to do with the manual gearbox?
              No.

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
              It's the only one I've ever come across.
              They all say that.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The only thing i had to do to this highly modified truck and thats to take off the flame thrower from the exhaust system in order for them to insure me.
                I don't think it will be down to the manual g/box that your insurance is high.
                At the end of the day it will come down to your age,years been driving,convictions and things and how much they think they can get out of you
                At the end of the day i think Flux is going to be the only ones willing to insure Lucifer due to the mods on it
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I pay 500 f/c with 7 yrs ncb that's with Elephant

Comment

But I'm old, I've been driving so long my first car was a hydrolastic suspension mini (don't laugh we all have our crosses to bare) and I haven't had a crash since I took out the Chief Inspector of Warrington and that was 15 years ago.

I ought to be an insurers dream.

Comment

You should have checked here before you got insurance, not after.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I did, that's how I knew to go to Adrian Flux.

I didn't just try them, they were the cheapest (of the ones that wanted to know).

Comment

Oooooh, my insurance is due again on the 27th of this month. I've always managed to wangle a good deal with the broker I've been with since I first bought the Surf. The company is called 2gether (yes, that's the correct spelling). It's normally been a close call between them and Adrian Flux but they always manage to beat the Adrian Flux quote in the end.
                          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

just renewed mine through lifesure (been with them for years ) they are a broker. they got me a deal from sabre £207 f/c on my 3ltr.
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

I pay £235 through Direct line. They seem to like the older person.
                              If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

Working...
                              X