Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie! Questions as always

Hi Everyone,

I have just purchased an imported Surf SSRX 3.0TD Automatic. (My first real 4X4)

It has a burnt out shift lock controller...so one from a breakers will be going in this week.

A bit of advice needed is....when in 2 wheel drive and I move the Surf in to any drivable gear in does nothing but rev! but will move in 4 Wheel drive. Does the 4 wheel drive gear level have to be engaged in hi or low all the time or should it be in Neutral.

Thanks

Matt

As soon as I have it clean from being at JAE all weekend I will get some piccies up!

Matt

Comment

welcome dude
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

The short transfer lever needs to be pulled back towards the seat for 2wd mode.
        It has three positions, 2H (normal 2wd) N (neutral gear=no drive) 4L (low ratio 4wd, crawler gear)

Welcome on board by the way, enjoy your stay.

Comment

Hiya Matt.Don't use 4wd on the road.There is a few threads on here to do with the 4wd system etc so have a search to see if you can see anything to help
          Keep the 4wd lever set in the 2h position all the time unless you off road it then you can then just press the switch on the side of the lever to go to 4h (4wd high) which should do for what you need.I have hardly ever used the 4l setting when off road
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Neutral on the transfer lever is just that, neutral, and you won't go anywhere. Have it in high range. Button pressed, in high range, is high range two wheel drive. Transfer lever in low range is low range 4 wheel drive.

Nev

Comment

Hi and welcome to the nuthouse
              Last edited by evildwarf; 14 September 2010, 11:57.
              I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys!

The wife would have killed me if I brought a lemon....exchanged my 200bhp Saab 9-3 Turbo for the hilux.

How come you guys did not come the Japanese Auto Extravaganza (JAE) this weekend gone.

I was only one of 2 hilux's there!

I was there with my old car club (100NX club) as I am still a mod with them, was it was a great show with plenty of beers drunk....and used my hilux as my tent!

Was strange having a full size single airbed in the back with me being 6' 2...but I was warm and dry!

Thanks

Matt

Comment

Hi Matt. Welcome....Cheers....Mick.
                  " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hello
                    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hey Mat, newbee myself. Enjoy the forum dude they have been a great help too me. Good choice of vehicle as well.

Cheers Tony.
                      Its all about the journey not the destination.

Comment

I love a friendly forum....had some bad one sin the past....Volvo owners club were really up themselves, Saab Owners were OK but not what I would call friendly! Toyota club was a bit..... weird when I joined to get advice about my wife's Rav4.1.

This is like being on the 100nx club forum....makes me go all mushy!

LOL

Now....

Is the dash lights supposed to be different brightnesses across the dials?

If not I was thinking of changing them out anyway... what size are they?

Most of my bulbs were blown when I got her...so I have changed both door bulbs, cargo light, rear passenger light, automatic gear light, will be changing the headlights/side lights for super bright ones....so why not change the dash ones as well.

Then I will start stripping all internal panels out to give it a clean....the ones I have taken off are filthy behind!

But it will be a labour of love! as it always is with my motors!

Matt

Comment

Hi n Welcome to the Asylum, stay a while, sounds like ya gonna fit in here just fine

Jess
                          "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

As promised some piccies of my new new toy!

Still a bit of work to do!

Matt

Comment

Very smart. Personally I prefer them with an A-bar or bull bars, but know others differ.

Comment

Working...
                              X