How much is my surf worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is my surf worth

Hi, i have not been here for a long time.
    The past two years we have not used our surf much as we cannot afford to run the old girl due to fuel prices so regretably we think it is time to part with her.

I just wondered what price we should be looking for?
    Its a 1992 2.4 ssr.
    There is nothing wrong with it and it has just passed its mot.
    I would appreciate if someone could give an idea of a reasonable price i should be asking for before advertising locally.

Thanks

Sorry but you haven't told us mileage, condition, history, mods, etc.............. it would help to give you a better valuation.
    If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

And some pics if you can.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

To be quite honest its not worth a lot.
        You will be lucky to get £600
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

Hi, i was not wanting to put too many details as i did not want to appear as advertising it, just looking for a rough estimate.

Anyway, condition is not too bad, only real rust is on the chrome bumpers, 124k`s, no mods, no bullbars and aircon does not work.
          Its had a new cylinder head and timing belt fitted 30k`s ago, two new batteries.
          Burgandy colour with graphics the same as on tintin`s post on his burgandy vehicle.http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=65559
          Runs just fine and has just passed its mot.

Comment

I have just sold a 2.4 with a new complete engine from Stevo fitted 2 1/2 years ago and i have just sold it for £1300.
            You should get anything from £800 up.Surf prices are going stupid at the moment and to be honest it wont matter whether you are selling a 2.4,3.0 or 3rd gen people will pay what they want and not what you want.A realistic price is about £800 upto about £1300.Ebay prices i have seen a crap 2.4 go for nearly 2k and yet a decent 3.0 has sold for £1100.Sell privately if you can but if you put it on ebay put it up for £100 over what you want and put the best offer option on it.This is what i did on my 2.4 last week i sold and the couple came had a look and said they are happy to pay a non returnable deposit and the full asking price if i will end the auction and hold the truck for upto 2 weeks till an insurance cheque cleared.You have to take a chance and for me it payed off.I delivered the truck to them last week and they are well pleased
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I've been asked for 3 Surfs last week, how many have I got?........None! ###### typical.
              If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply
                As always the forum provides good answers and sensible suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                X