yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steering gone funny, wheels look splayed out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering gone funny, wheels look splayed out!

My KZN 185 had new brake discs fitted , the steering has now gone funny and the wheels look splayed out, could the disc change be related, what could have gone wrong, what should I do, can I drive it a couple of miles?

I'm not sure about the KZN185 - but the LN130 needs the hubs taken off to change the discs, it sound like there is something very wrong, I'd all the AA or whoever to take a look before driving anywhere!
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

get it looked at, mine went like that, and just ignored it....

drove on regardless.....

and this happened about 2 months later....

My failure

starts near the end of the page

Comment

Thanks for that, could it be related to the disc change?

Comment

Not being cheeky, but are the wheel nuts torqued up? The discs on the 3rd gen only require the brake calipers to be removed to fit new discs, so assuming wheels are refitted correctly, steering should not be affected.
          3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal View Post
            Not being cheeky, but are the wheel nuts torqued up? The discs on the 3rd gen only require the brake calipers to be removed to fit new discs, so assuming wheels are refitted correctly, steering should not be affected.
            I have tried them, they seem tight, but I am not one hundred percent sure, I was going to jack it up each side and feel for play, I am not sure the new discs are related to the problem, I had noticed tyre squeal when turning corners.
            The wheels seem to be angled out and it appears there is a degree of wear appearing on the inside tyre edge.

Comment

In that case I'd get the tracking checked ASAP. From a previous thread I think they said the settings are the same as the Land Cruiser Prado.
              Mike G

Comment

as said already, changing the discs on a 3rd gen only requires removing the calipers (and wheels of course).

Only thing that could be a direct result is that if the discs haven't been put on straight - some time ago someone on here reported geting a set of discs and the hole in the middle wasn't quite big enough to slip over the hub so they wouldn't go on straight.

This wouldn't show up on the wheel nuts as they could well be tight against a non straight edge.

Jack it up and spin the wheel to see if the disc/wheel is on straight, after that you are probably looking at wheel bearings but that would be a co-incidence

hope this helps

hawaii
                I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Garage have now checked it, it appears it is just tracking that has gone a long way out, a bit strange as I have not curbed or bashed it, anyone got any ideas why tracking should suddenly go a long way out of adjustment?
                  Anyway, good news overall I suppose!

Comment

Working...
                  X