Insurance to cheap ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance to cheap ??????

Hi all, just had renewal thru for the Surf, £468 per year inc some fee for paying it monthl. (via Sky Insuranse using MarkerStudy)

Thought id have a shop round, Rang Sureterm, £291 doesnt need my 5yrs NCB.
    (with the pay monthly bit, after a £81 deposit, then 11 payments of £29.29 per month = £326.00 per year.They use a company called highway, and mentioned this forum)

Now first, does this sound legit,(to cheap to believe ??)
    Anyone used them
    Any horror storys.
    Shame i cant russle up the premium without finance, £291.00 per year.
    Nigel
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

I paid £226 to insure Lexurf with Sureterm and they wanted proof of my nine years NCB. Still waiting for my policy paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      I paid £226 to insure Lexurf with Sureterm and they wanted proof of my nine years NCB. Still waiting for my policy paperwork.
      Hi Bush

I was quite happy to transfer my 5yr protected NCB off the Subaru (which is also due >£404 py) but which ever company or way he worked it, specificall sais he didnt need the NCB and could keep it for somthing else.
      I dont want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but seems to good to be true. As for slow paperwork, wouldnt worry me too much so long as the car appears on the insured register that the cops use to look you up.
      nig

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
        Hi all, just had renewal thru for the Surf, £468 per year inc some fee for paying it monthl. (via Sky Insuranse using MarkerStudy)

Thought id have a shop round, Rang Sureterm, £291 doesnt need my 5yrs NCB.
        (with the pay monthly bit, after a £81 deposit, then 11 payments of £29.29 per month = £326.00 per year.They use a company called highway, and mentioned this forum)

Anyone used them
        Any horror storys.
        Shame i cant russle up the premium without finance, £291.00 per year.
        Nigel
        Mine, fully comp, is £275 for the year including fees. I dont pay monthly, just used intrest free credit that was on offer on a card I had.
        Mine is limited mileage though as I don't usually use it much. company is called Noel Dazely.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i pay best side of a grand
          for the last 4 years its gone down to a grand or just under
          tiz one reason why its parked up
          but iam taking note were these lexsurfs are insured
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

mornin all

was with privelidge for over 9 years (pajeros and for last 5 years, surfs)

Premium always been round the £430 mark (fully comp, no mileage limit and all mods declared).

Renewal due in August and letter arrived ........ £812

Straight on phone - apparently they have had a bad winter for claims which is being passed on to the customer and every insurer is the same.

Did some comparison stuff on line and got exaclty the same cover for £304 a year + £25 to pay monthly from M & S.

Only thing I had to do was ring up to confirm security system fitted and clarify mods (wheel spacers, bull bar, off road tyres etc.)

sorted

hawaii
            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              Mine, fully comp, is £275 for the year including fees. I dont pay monthly, just used intrest free credit that was on offer on a card I had.
              Mine is limited mileage though as I don't usually use it much. company is called Noel Dazely.
              Thanks, just rung them but their busy so waiting for a call back, never put all my eggs in one basket

nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
                mornin all

was with privelidge for over 9 years (pajeros and for last 5 years, surfs)

Premium always been round the £430 mark (fully comp, no mileage limit and all mods declared).

Renewal due in August and letter arrived ........ £812

Straight on phone - apparently they have had a bad winter for claims which is being passed on to the customer and every insurer is the same.

Did some comparison stuff on line and got exaclty the same cover for £304 a year + £25 to pay monthly from M & S.

Only thing I had to do was ring up to confirm security system fitted and clarify mods (wheel spacers, bull bar, off road tyres etc.)

sorted

hawaii
                Very suprised that Marks and sparks would touch an import, But ill give em a ring to see whats afoot. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  Noticed on their web site that you have to be a member of an owners club, does this forum count, and i also peek in a toyota owners forum now and again, but i DONT pay anything to any club,as i think of clubs at any rate.

nigel

Comment

Noticed on their web site that you have to be a member of an owners club, does this forum count, and i also peek in a toyota owners forum now and again, but i DONT pay anything to any club,as i think of clubs at any rate.

nigel
                    sureteam wanted proof that I was a paid up forum member in order to give discount. I sent a screen shot of members page and copy of reciept for membership which they accepted.

the insurance fully comp was only a couple of hundred quie £220 i think, which was fully comp, off road cover and £50 excess. It is a limited milage policy though.

cheapest insurance i have ever had
                    If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

just checked M+S and the website said they couldnt insure online and had i had to ring them.
                      My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

They use a company called highway, and mentioned this forum)
                        Anyone used them
                        Nigel
                        Had many vehicles insured through Highway, the Surf is with them now. Never had any problems, but never had to claim either!
                        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

never put all my eggs in one basket

nigel
                          Is that with regards to the credit? Seemed to make sense to me, either pay it monthly to them and pay around 30% more, or use a credit card with zero interest and pay it monthly on there for no fee. Or use direct debit and pay it all off from the bank account - most people can't do this due to other bills.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

nigel
                            I just mentioned I'm a member here. They didn't ask for proof if I remember rightly.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I insure my third gen 3.0 SSRG TD with intercooler through Keith Michaels PLC (0845 337 3380) fully comp with Service Underwriting, last November I paid £327.75.Been with them for nearly seven years, always helpful....but then again I have never had a claim.
                              ไนโจ

Comment

Working...
                              X