No announcement yet.

Tyre speed rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I done 95 on the way back from stormies when I bought it. Done 90 in it yesterday on the m1, with 5 adults and couple of suitcases and roofbars on. And I was thinking mine has lost some oomph!!
    Last edited by kamaangir; 4 September 2010, 19:44. Reason: schpelling!
    l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

I've been to 90 fully loaded, "driving like I stole it" after a filter change, and it would have gone more I reckon, that was the day before it seized with the triple cracked head due to water in the pot, since rebuilding I haven't had it over about 75 but know it'll go quite a bit faster as there's loads more oomph. H

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        This is how races start
        Not with HLS's resident grumpy pedant...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          Not with HLS's resident grumpy pedant...

I love these threads, they bring out the idiots. I bet plod's researchers love them too
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            I'll race ya for your wheels/tyres!
            No thanks, would save me Diesel if I just handed them over!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

No thanks, would save me Diesel if I just handed them over!

To make it fairer, I'll use 95RON fuel and unplug one of the coils..

Comment

Do you notice the difference from 95 to 97~99 ? And do you have 8 coil packs on your engine?

My engine that I built years ago was setup to use 99 with octane booster for a while. But that proved a pain to get, and topping up where I could at the local made it pink, even with the octane boost. We ended up retarding the timing a bit. Think it was about 38 BTDC. Ended up bringing it back to 34 or 36.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

[QUOTE=dieselboy;658479]Do you notice the difference from 95 to 97~99 ? And do you have 8 coil packs on your engine?QUOTE]

Nah, thats C.O.P. (coil on plug)
                  The 1UZ-FE has two coils, two distributor caps and two igniter packs, one for each bank of cylinders. (it's basically two 2.0 litre, four cylinder engines glued together.

Yes, I can feel the difference between the two fuels (95 & 99) but only if I fill the tank from empty. The ECU sorts out the timing for the different fuels.

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;658481]
                    Do you notice the difference from 95 to 97~99 ? And do you have 8 coil packs on your engine?QUOTE]

Nah, thats C.O.P. (coil on plug)
                    The 1UZ-FE has two coils, two distributor caps and two igniter packs, one for each bank of cylinders. (it's basically two 2.0 litre, four cylinder engines glued together.

Yes, I can feel the difference between the two fuels (95 & 99) but only if I fill the tank from empty. The ECU sorts out the timing for the different fuels.
                    Ah right! Does it do that by measuring the O2 in the exhaust?

When I had my flying lesson I spent ages asking the tutor about the planes engine. It was similar to a VW air cooled 4 cylinder boxer engine, but had 8 plugs and 2 distributors.
                    Max RPM 3000!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                    X