Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The horn

No I'm not being rude
    The horn on my surf has to be the most pathetic horn I've ever heard on a vehicle. When I use it small girls point and laugh at me . It might be acceptable on Nova but not on my baby.
    Does anyone know if you can change it? I dont want a fog horn (well I do but anyway) just something a bit more impressive than the comedy clown farting noise it's got right now.
    Last edited by Dolph; 29 June 2004, 13:02.

Originally posted by Dolph
    No I'm not being rude
    The horn on my surf has to be the most pathetic horn I've ever heard on a vehicle. When I use it small girls point and laugh at me . It might be acceptable on Nova but not on my baby.
    Does anyone know if you can change it? I dont want a fog horn (well I do but anyway) just something a bit more impressive than the comedy clown farting noise it's got right now.
    Yeah - you can - I recall some posts a while back by people who have added better horns to their trucks.

Oh and whats this about NOVA's being allowed girly horns??? My NOVA has a nice horn, not a girly squeal!!
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

No I'm not being rude

There's a thread on here started by Dabigman titled 'Pansy Horns' loads of people said what they'd exchanged their namby pamby tootles for....
      Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
        Yeah - you can - I recall some posts a while back by people who have added better horns to their trucks.

Oh and whats this about NOVA's being allowed girly horns??? My NOVA has a nice horn, not a girly squeal!!
        Do you have a sticker on the back of your Nova saying - 'My other car is an off-roading beast'?

Comment

The Horn on mine is brilliant compared to the one on my old Renault Espace which truly was pathetic.

Mind you I very rarely use the horn - anyone who can't see a Surf deserves to be flattened by my Bumper and Mud Terrain combination - anyway by the time I get around to blowing the horn it's too late anyway.

Air Horns are good but you want to be careful where you mount them - they work even less well than the standard ones if you fill them full of mud.

Cheers

Comment

Got to agree with you there Dolph, the standard "Beep" is quite pathetic for such a large truck. I got a couple of Horns from Halfords about £15 I think.

Link to thread http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ead.php?t=5748

Comment

i get a large horn for my surf everytime i look at it

ship

Comment

I got my new horns arriving tomorrow & i cant wait to fit it
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

No I'm not being rude
                  this is the one ive just ordered http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Horns.html
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Do you have a sticker on the back of your Nova saying - 'My other car is an off-roading beast'?
                    Hehe no!! but its a good idea!! It's really Tony's GTE but it will be soon moving on to pastures new as we swapped it for a kite!! (just as soon as we've got round to putting the batteries back on the Bullet!)

Last edited by Linda; 29 June 2004, 20:54.
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      this is the one ive just ordered http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Horns.html
                      talk about tight fit. i couldnt get the grill off so my arm turned into a snake taking skin off everytime i moved, got the old horn off & wire connector.
                      fitted horn at front of wheel arch it looks ok but sounds great
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Well it scares the pants off people as its very loud. beeped at a neighbour nearly gave her a heart attack. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS
                        (\__/)
                        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                        X