veg oil heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgs600 View Post
    i used to run veg on my mitsubishi before i started making biodiesel about 2 years ago.

an old peugeot heated fuel filter is the best and cheapest option. these were fitted on 405 and 205 diesels from the 1980s and can be found in scrap yards quite cheap. take the thermostat out and plumb it into the heater pipes. gets nice and hot.. trust me.. i also used to run a flat plate heater and an inline glow plug heater. to be honest the glow plug heaters arnt that good as the actual injection pump will be stone cold when you first crank the old girl over and will cool any heated fuel up straight away. the best way to go imho is to fit a small aux tank and get a pollock valve set up so you can start on diesel and then after a couple of mins switch over to veg.
    just found this on ebay.. would be ideal for someone wanting to run on veg...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Biodiesel-in-l...es_CarParts_SM
    The trouble with heated fuel filter is that it heats up the oil and any solid fats which then pass through the filter and clog up other working parts when they cool down due to vehicle intenals still being cold.
    Twin tanking is the best way to go, avoids ring gumming as well if used correctly.
    l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

Originally posted by kamaangir View Post
      I get spare sometimes, so let me know if you want any. Can swap for beer tokens!
      I'll bear that in mind - at the moment I don't have time to do anything (or money) but I'm tempted to have a go at building a Biodiesel processor using that plan just need to wait until some parts come up at work for nothing (skip raid) - Thanks Kamaangir for the offer I'll be in contact at some point
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
        I'll bear that in mind - at the moment I don't have time to do anything (or money) but I'm tempted to have a go at building a Biodiesel processor using that plan just need to wait until some parts come up at work for nothing (skip raid) - Thanks Kamaangir for the offer I'll be in contact at some point
        no probs mate, any time.
        l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

Working...
        X