So Which One Is He Selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Which One Is He Selling?

Is this ad confusing, or is it just me? He is listing a Surf, Prado, Landcruiser, Colorado for £2,750 but which one is it? There are pictures of about 10 of them!

The item specific details are for a Toyota Hilux, can you figure out which one it is?

Here

Someone has made an offer so they must know!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I think hes selling one and advertising the rest and its a lottery which one ye get! but they all come with saggy arses and probably "rare" features!

Comment

That is the guy I bought mine from. He's not a bad lad, but he buys and sells Surfs to make money, so caveat emptor.. I saw four Surfs when I bought mine, and they were all good motors. However, he swears that my "council" transmission (not Multimode) is good for permanent 4WD.....
      3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

AK Motors of Bolton. No experience of them myself but there have been comments made on here. Bolton seems to be coming the UK centre of Surf trading these days!

Comment

Originally posted by malxwal View Post
          That is the guy I bought mine from. He's not a bad lad, but he buys and sells Surfs to make money, so caveat emptor.. I saw four Surfs when I bought mine, and they were all good motors. However, he swears that my "council" transmission (not Multimode) is good for permanent 4WD.....
          What does that mean, if you don't mind me asking?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            What does that mean, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah! me too, council transmission????? multimode?????,
            and is caveat emptor his name
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Yeah! me too, council transmission????? multimode?????,
              and is caveat emptor his name
              caveat emptor means buyer beware

council transmission means it only works between monday and friday, 9 till half 4, with an hours break around 12

and mutimode means it, - i cant think of one for multimode
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I've heard rumours that early 3rd gens had 2nd gen transmission ie. no centre diff therefore no 4WD on tarmac. 2nd Gen transmission = council transmission.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

He is trying to save on eBay seller fee's

By listing every vehicle he has on the one ebay listing.... its not cricket..

eBay is starting to offer some real protection for the buyer. Listings like this try to get round it.

(i) If buying using eBay never accept a sellers request to pay outside eBay (paypal). ebay loses the fee and you lose protection.

(ii) Any communications with sellers always use the eBay "respond to seller" function, never email directly. In case of disputes eBay will look at the communications made using eBay.
                  Last edited by Vultch; 28 August 2010, 09:42.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Yup, council transmission, as named by someone on here (and very funny too), is only part time 4WD, although I believe TonyN mentioned it's not just early ones, as mine is '97 '98, just an option. Does anyone else on here have a 3rd gen SSR-V ? The transfer lever is on the passenger side, which I believe may be the opposite side to the 2nd gens ?
                    The guy deals in cars, enough said. Think he tends to stick to 3rd gens, and does know a bit about Surfs. The trucks I drove there were good trucks, not minters, but not dodgy buckets either. I wasn't savvy enough (or probably patient enough) to get on here when I decided I wanted a Surf, so I could have got better for my money.
                    3rd gen 3.0 SSR-V '98 R

Comment

Working...
                    X