Tyre Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Sizes

I'm at the stage of having to get new rubber for the Hilux.

At the moment there are 4 Bridgestone Dueller 245/70/r16s on it, with a spare Dunlop Grandtrek 265/70/r16.

I have a '98 KZN185.

My tyre guy tells me that I'm fine with the 245s, and that they won't be any different to the 265s for comfort or safety.

I just want to be absolutely sure.

The sticker inside the drivers door only has 265/70/r16 tyre pressures on it (2.0 bar), so is that the only size I should consider? Or what pressure should I use in 245s?

(Only spoted last night that my old kzn185 oonlly had 205 tyres on it!!)

On a different note, I've seen several threads on here about 4wd systems in kzn185s not working or grinding. I had these symptoms on mine a few days ago (along with a severe pull to the right). It happened right afterI put my spare wheel on the front left which, as several of the more astute people on here will havve noticced from what I wrote above, was a different width to the rest of my tyres, and therefore a different profile height, too (I only noticed the size difference after I started to have 4wd problems). Problem was solved by putting the original tyre back on.

For those of you having problems, it may be worth checking that all of your wheels and tyres are the same sizes!!
    Last edited by Fey!; 26 August 2010, 16:04. Reason: I'm an idiot who can't tell 16 from 17!!

The sticker inside the door says 17" wheels??

Comment

Sorry, I'm having one of those days where I miss my brain!

Those sizes should have been 245/70/16 and 265/70/16.

Comment

Working...
      X