Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone after some 35/12.50/15 tyres on surf wheels

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i met the guy selling these tonight and he says he will take £400 for them and they are almost new

animal
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

I am looking mate, but they are not aggressive enough.
    Great price for someone thou.
    Brian

Comment

Are these on 15"x7" wheels? I thought you needed 10" rims for anything over 33x12.50s?
      They don't looked stretched though. Hmmm.....
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I did a lot of research when I was buying new alloys and tyres. The golden rule, from a lot of different forums, seemed to be no less than an 8.5 rim for 33x12.5 tyres. Frankly I'd be bricking it every time I took a sharp corner on those wheels (if they are 7" rims) as I'd always have the thought in the back of my mind that the bead on the tyre would come away.
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

will be good for someone to get just for the tyres though, i reacon he will probably come down in price for a quick sale too
          PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            I did a lot of research when I was buying new alloys and tyres. The golden rule, from a lot of different forums, seemed to be no less than an 8.5 rim for 33x12.5 tyres. Frankly I'd be bricking it every time I took a sharp corner on those wheels (if they are 7" rims) as I'd always have the thought in the back of my mind that the bead on the tyre would come away.

Yeah, those are 7" rims.
            Expensive tyres like BFGs have reinforced sidewalls for rigidity, so I guess they wouldn't flex as much as a cheapie re-mould tyre does when cornering.
            Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 21 August 2010, 11:24.

Comment

Those tyres are expensive and no one has any stock at the moment. I actually couldnt get that size tyre unless I wanted to have someone import them for me at silly money.
              Oh wait, they're 35's ??
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I've driven trucks with those tyres on 7" rims, they do work, and give you a lots of rim and valve protection when offroading on rocks, but its one of those stuation where no one should tell you its ok, but it will work.

I agree with Vince, not sure of some cheaper remolds and that much sidewall abuse for road driving.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have a question: When comparing 12.5" wide tyres, from 30" to 35" on a 7" rim, then because there would be more side wall on a 35" tyre this would make the whole thing a little better than the 30" tyre?
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    I have a question: When comparing 12.5" wide tyres, from 30" to 35" on a 7" rim, then because there would be more side wall on a 35" tyre this would make the whole thing a little better than the 30" tyre?
                    More sidewall isn't good for stopping the tyre rolling off the rim when cornering.

a 30" tyre would be more stable than a 35" tyre on the same rim for road driving.

but an air down 35 will give you lots more 'grab' round a rock than a 30 for the same reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      More sidewall isn't good for stopping the tyre rolling off the rim when cornering.

a 30" tyre would be more stable than a 35" tyre on the same rim.
                      Ok - is the opposite of what I thought
                      Cheers

p.s. I really need some ARB spacers! No roll bar gets me sea sick
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

lol, ok, sorry i forgot. I made some the other day, send me your address again.

Comment

Working...
                        X