bent back wheel arch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bent back wheel arch

so there i was parked in travis perkins, i'm in the shop, one of the staff come in "any one here with a 4x4 out the back " yes why " an artic just backed into it" , so i'm not a happy bunny it scraped down the drivers side rear wheel arch ripping off the top plastic wheel arch bit( only just replaced the other side rear) and pushing in the metal side, have now got to take it for repair assesment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
    so there i was parked in travis perkins, i'm in the shop, one of the staff come in "any one here with a 4x4 out the back " yes why " an artic just backed into it" , so i'm not a happy bunny it scraped down the drivers side rear wheel arch ripping off the top plastic wheel arch bit( only just replaced the other side rear) and pushing in the metal side, have now got to take it for repair assesment
    at least he didint just drive off !

hope its sorted soon and without too much trouble
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

A few battle scars add to the character. H

Comment

lan update to the above, i am having the repairs done at no cost to myself no loss of ncb or excess, i get a hire 4x4, so quite pleased really, the first knock i've had that did'nt turn out to be 50/50 but like the man said if the vehicle is parked and your not in it then no way can you be involved so the other guy pays for everything

Comment

glad to here its all sorted
          If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

a further update, popped over to gloucester today to find out what the repair situation was as i had not heard anything since the repairs were ok'd, it would appear that all the required parts had arrived except the rear quarter panel that replaces the bent in one, however it has to come from japan and is in the process of being specialy made, this takes a bit of believing i would have thought that replacement panels would be available" off the shelf "so to speak.

Comment

Specially made panel??

########! They forgot to order it or something and are making excuses.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If yours is a 3rd gen you should get parts within 48hrs, The big shock for me was buying parts direct from Pentagon Toyota cheaper than Roughtrax ! ie bumper brackets and ready colour coded panels etc
                Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                X