Climate control on a non-Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate control on a non-Surf

My mum has a year old Vauxhall Astra with climate control. I've explained how climate control works but I think I explain things a little too confusing.

Is there a way to set the system so that it does not engage the A/C compressor? I did some tests using the digital display, and I found that if the temperature outside is registering 21.5 and you set the internal temp to 21 then the compressor engages (heard by the click of the clutch). The temp cannot be set in 0.5 increments either.
    What I have found is the system set to 17c blowing ice cold air and the windows open

Any suggestions other than, may be explaining...?

Cheers
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

On all the cars I've had with climate control you can just put it in manual mode and turn the air con bit off. Then it will just use heating and fan if necessary. It should only use air con compressor if it is in auto mode or you tell it to (ie pushing the button).

Comment

Dis the control leads to the compressor.. the climate control unit can bark all it wants ..No AC ??

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look to see if AUTO is ON as I havent done that ( I've never owned a climate control vehicle and rarely drive hers)

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
        X