Surf Models - again !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Models - again !!!!!

OK - I've read the posts about the different models but .......

I've just had a look at a 96 intercooler and according to the owner it's a Surf SSi - there are no badges at all and it's got a decent spec i.e.

Fake wood
    Split air con
    Sunroof
    Rear mounted spare
    Adjustable shocks
    Roof track (Thanks for the posts on roof bars etc !)

So is it the base model loaded with extras or is there a better explanation - the V5 tells us nothing !

Oh yeah - it's a VERY good price, HPI check is OK and I'm waiting for the BIMTA check !

Could be a Surfer really soon ....... haven't told herself about them getting muddy yet though .....

Stand by for more stupid questions !
    Last edited by Predictable Bob; 28 June 2004, 07:24.
    Life is too important to take seriously !

Originally posted by Predictable Bob
    OK - I've read the posts about the different models but .......

I've just had a look at a 96 intercooler and according to the owner it's a Surf SSi - there are no badges at all and it's got a decent spec i.e.
    Never heard of an SSi

Fake wood Standard on SSR-G, often found on others
    Split air con Standard on SSR-G, often found on others (assuming you mean the rear heater here)
    Sunroof Not standard on any models, optional
    Rear mounted spare Standard on SSR-G (and possibly SSR-X), often found on others
    Adjustable shocks Standard on SSR-G, often found on others
    Roof track (Thanks for the posts on roof bars etc !) Roof Track (As opposed to Roof Rack) Is I believe, standard on all

So is it the base model loaded with extras or is there a better explanation - the V5 tells us nothing !

Oh yeah - it's a VERY good price, HPI check is OK and I'm waiting for the BIMTA check !

Could be a Surfer really soon ....... haven't told herself about them getting muddy yet though .....

Stand by for more stupid questions !
    Last edited by Morr; 28 June 2004, 10:06. Reason: Fixin me spellin agin!
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

The spec is more important than the badge. Sounds like and SSRG. On the 3rd Gen there is no such thing as an SSi, models are SSR, SSRV, SSRX and SSRG, with sometimes a smattering of limiteds thrown in.

If it has Split Aircon (not split heating) then I think this is a rare option.

Sounds like the Muts Nuts.

Cheers

Comment

Split air con, hmmmmm very interesting, got a pic of it so we can have a look at this ssi???????????
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Whoops .....

- I might have made an error I assumed that, since it had heating controls in the rear, it was full a/c - didn't look too close cos I don't travel in the back !

As for piccy's - if the dosh comes through on time and the HPI/BIMTA checks don't cause any hassle - I might get some over the weekend (work permitting).

Just got a quote for waxoyl - £440 PLUS VAT !!!!!

Heavy or what ?
          Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
          X