Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New exhaust for 3.4 V6 Petrol 96 Surf

Hi

I am having real issues trying to locate a new exhaust (I need everything from top to bottom) seems most people have either the diesel or if the petrol they have the 3 litre.

Can anyone tell me if there are any other exhausts from other models that may be compatible?

I live in guernsey in the channel islands and so far been quoted best part of £1000.00 for a complete system.

I love this car and would hate to have to stop driving it due to unreasonable costs.

I'd much appreciate any input advice I could be given.

Thanks in advance.

Stu

I know it's far, but you could have a custom one made up for around half that price guaranteed for life.
    Contact these people www.longlife.co.uk . Even for a friendly chat they will offer advice. Speak to Lisa or Mal.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Longlife quoted me around £350 for a stainless system on my 2.4d - I would've thought if you took it to a Welder/boatyard ('cos you're in Guernesy) It could be custom fabricated for £500

And by the way welcome to the forum
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

I know how everything comes priced to a pemium in the channel islands (got friends from Jersey/Guernsey) and your best bet may well be to get the ferry to the UK and go to a custom exhaust builder local to the UK port. They should be able to do it within a couple of hours or so and it'll certainly cost you less than the £1000 you've been quoted!

I'll have a word with a mate from Guernland to see what their recommendation is...

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Comment

welcome dude
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I am off to france this week so will follow up on some of the leads on my return.

A local dealer for Japanese imports has said he can get one for about £700.00! At least the price is going the right way but still above what I would really want to spend!

Thanks

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by wallwonga View Post
              Thanks for the info guys, I am off to france this week so will follow up on some of the leads on my return.

A local dealer for Japanese imports has said he can get one for about £700.00! At least the price is going the right way but still above what I would really want to spend!

Thanks

Stu
              Is that a pattern part? Usually "copies" aren't made to the same standards. This is why the original Toyota exhaust may last 10 years, but a replacement will generally fail around every 2 years at most.
              If you are keeping the car for a long time then it may make sense to have a stainless one fitted? I'll never buy a mild steel exhaust. I used to run a branch of Longlife, and seeing the 1 and 2 year old mild steel systems from places like kwik fit, it's money for nothing.

At least with a company that makes a stainless system, the only thing that will fail if done correctly is the rubber mountings, but rubber will last a very long time. I digress.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by wallwonga View Post

Thanks

Stu
                If you can find a supplier over here then i am happy for it to be sent to me and then i'll forward it to you if you wanted to cover postal cost
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                X