Steering Idler Arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Idler Arm

Okay, had the truck checked over while having new CV boots fitted and found out that it will need a steering idler arm for it's next MOT.

Roughtrax @ £75+ inc vat and delivery
    Milners @ £67+ inc vat and delivery
    Ebay £60 inc vat and delivery - Here

My guess is they are all made by the same company and £15 is quite a saving. I'll go with the Ebay one and if it's cr@p I'll let you let you know. Then again if it's a gud un' I may have helped you save £15.00!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I got one from eBay not long after I got the truck. Still going strong when I sold it 6 or so years later. There's not much to em. It would be hard to make a bad one!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Cheers Andy, just what I wanted to hear. I've also seen a middle and rear section for the exhaust on Ebay for £138.00 delivered.

Comment

Sure you don't just need the idler bushes done, easy and very cheap to do.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Idler bush thread.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...g+idler+bushes
          Alan

Comment

Agree with Alan. If thats all it needs, its much cheaper!

The one I took off my truck was past it. The steel pivot had rusted and pitted so would've eaten the next set of bushes in no time.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Alan, you hero! I delayed buying the idler arm as was in no rush, thanks mate, you've saved me a pretty penny!

Will order now from Roughtrax.

Comment

Nae bother, seems lots of folk rush out and buy new arms when all that's needed is some 50p bushes.
                Alan

Comment

Working...
                X