Storing a Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing a Surf

Towards the end of the year there is a small possibility that we may have to put our Surf in storage for about 18 months. It has very recently had a full blown service and clocks up about 600 miles a month.
    Can you just park it up and start it and run it for about 10 minutes every now & then or should it be stored with battery disconnected etc? Thanks.

If you are going to leave it completely untouched then removing the batteries would be useful, so you can give them a maintenance charge every couple of months. Also it would be useful to jack up the chassis so that the weight is taken off the suspension and tyres, as the tyres could become flat spotted if left in one place all that time. Also covering them to stop UV degradation might be worthwhile as well.

If you indend to turn it over every couple of months then leave the batteries in but do remember that turning over the starter will run them down and they will need a charge every now and then to keep the batteries up to scratch.

It would also be useful to not keep too much fuel in the tank (presume it's a diesel) as it can go off if unused. The better thing would be to buy a gallon every six months to keep it fresh, or use a bit of SVO instead to save on costs.
    Mike G

Comment

Thanks now seems there may be a change of plan and we may need to sell it.

Comment

3l Surf soon for sale in Malvern...?

Apaaacheeee!

Comment

Apache has seen it on a number of occasions so knows the exterior. i would prefer him to take it as I will know it will be going into good hands if we went ahead with the sale.

Comment

i take the batterys off mine and its been parked up for nearly 2 years
            fired up with a few turns no problem
            every thing is ok just a bit dusty
            my diesel is yellow but thats about it

if its well look after then it will park up for a long time
            like mine
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
              Apache has seen it on a number of occasions so knows the exterior. i would prefer him to take it as I will know it will be going into good hands if we went ahead with the sale.
              I think your preferance would change dependant on who had the money first.
              Lets not talk bo llocks about "on to a good owner" ect.
              You want to sell your surf lets be honest you don't give a flying F who buys it.

I mean you this is your second for sale thread in the general section already.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                I think your preferance would change dependant on who had the money first.
                Lets not talk bo llocks about "on to a good owner" ect.
                You want to sell your surf lets be honest you don't give a flying F who buys it.

I mean you this is your second for sale thread in the general section already.
                Wrong it is definitely NOT for sale at the moment but this may change in September which is why I want to get some idea of price. If we decide not to sell then it will go into storage for a year or two.
                Unfortunatley I have to agree on the ######## bit.

Comment

Working...
                X