Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cam I saw I bought a surf!!

Hi all

Just thought I'd say hello to all forumites!

Just bought the surf that stormforce had advertised on here. Now reading up on the mods that I would like to do. Its a lovely truck and seems very sound mechanically.

Regrads
    l'm FAME-ous!

Welcome to the forum. Whereabouts in London are you?

Comment

Hello
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Have a search for "veg oil" if you want a cheap and green fuel source for your new toy. Surfs will run on it with little or no modification.

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
          Have a search for "veg oil" if you want a cheap and green fuel source for your new toy. Surfs will run on it with little or no modification.
          Would sunflower oil be ok? Tesco is selling it at £4.00 for 5 litres, I might give it a go.

Ignore me - I searched and I found! yes it will! BTW if you search on veg oil - it won't find any results - the words are too short.
          Last edited by puddlesurfer; 12 August 2010, 08:01.

Comment

Hi and Welcome to the nuthouse
            I know where he hides out and he isn't south of the river
            I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Welcome - sounds like you got a good deal there. Enjoy the stay!
              Andy
              http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                Would sunflower oil be ok? Tesco is selling it at £4.00 for 5 litres, I might give it a go.

Ignore me - I searched and I found! yes it will! BTW if you search on veg oil - it won't find any results - the words are too short.
                If you put them in speech marks "veg oil" and advanced search this on titles opnly you get lots of results.

Main two threads to use as reference are:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15893

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55767

Comment

You can't go far wrong buying from Stormy, he knows his way around a Surf and has a good reputation, did you get a Pasty in the glove box or a dog under the seat?

Comment

Hi Arash.Good to meet you yesterday and glad you got home ok.I was going to text to make sure you had a good trip.What does the wife think of the truck.
                    Anything your not sure of then just ask and someone will answer the questions for you.Have fun with the truck and let the mods begin

You need to update your profile now with the vehicle details so when you ask questions others can answer better knowing what vehicle you got
                    Last edited by stormforce; 12 August 2010, 10:02.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks every body, wasn't sure this had posted as i couldn't find it afterwards!!
                      I Live in north london, between the 2 prisons on holloway!!!!

As for veg oil, this is the reason I got a surf rather than any other 4x4, I am a member of the veggy diesel forum and have been doing my home work.

Thanks Richard, It was a longold slog yesterday as there was an accident on the a30, pulled into services and went to the cafe to get some grub and saw 6 full and 2 half cubbies of svo!! asked the properieter about the oil and she said I could have it!!!! so the boot was full of veg all the way home!!

The wife likes it as its comfy and big, took the whole family including the in laws to supermarket last night! they all love it.

Can't believe how comfy it is did not have a sore back or leg or anything, despit almost 6 hour drive home!

For any one thinking of buying anything from Stormforce, I cannot recommend him highly enough!
                      Came to the station and picked me up and drove me round half the morning sorting the tax and insurance out for it.
                      No pasty or dog in the truck (his 3 dogs tried to kill me by licking me to death though lol) but shed load of free parts and accessories and had I not left when i did he would have tried to load me up with parts enough to build another surf!! When I tried to give him a few bob for the parts he would't take it!!! What a gent!
                      Thanks a lot Richard

sorry a bit long winded but was trying to answer several questions!!
                      l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

glad the family like the truck
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi n Welcome to the madhouse we're not all like it tho, speaking for me self
                          What !! collected some Veg oil on the retun trip home... I see ya already in the "saving mode" n funds for Mods D
                          Enjoy the Truck n stay a while ......

Jess
                          "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi Arash, and welcome. Enjoy your new Surf! Go for the Veggie! Ive been running mine on bio for the last 6 months, and its been sweet as a nut....Cheers....Mick.
                            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

welcome dude
                              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                              X