turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
    i'll second that,they tend to crack the castings,but if you want more power and a bigger engine,then how about a 2.8 tdi diahatsui lump.
    turbo or non turbo?
    how easy dose it fit?
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
      turbo or non turbo?
      how easy dose it fit?
      i think the tdi after the 2.8 gives it away.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

i think the tdi after the 2.8 gives it away.
        i have dun it again havent i

Comment

i have dun it again havent i
          lmfao.ummmmmmmm........yep.but because its you we will forgive you.
          as far as i can see at the moment the engine mounts line up perfectly,you will also need the manual g/box.and you will need to construct a g/box mount.the n/s inner wing will need to be cut back to allow the exhaust downpipe to fit properly.you need to cut the wiring loom out as well .all you need is an ignition live wire and a starter circuit.brackets need to be made for the power steering pump also.thats about as far as i have got with my conversion.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

sounds hard to do
            how much will a job like this set me back i buy everything
            how much would it cost to fit this in

Comment

sounds hard to do
              how much will a job like this set me back i buy everything
              how much would it cost to fit this in
              if you re-engine any vehicle your bound to come across hiccups,some are an easy fix other demand some engineering skills.firstly you will need an engine and a g/box,then a rear prop shaft from a fourtrack,also a rad,a hilux peddle box for the clutch,a clutch master cylinder,slave cylinder.so your better off getting an mot failure or an insurance write off.it could costbest part of a grand and numerous hours in the garage tinkering.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

if you re-engine any vehicle your bound to come across hiccups,some are an easy fix other demand some engineering skills.firstly you will need an engine and a g/box,then a rear prop shaft from a fourtrack,also a rad,a hilux peddle box for the clutch,a clutch master cylinder,slave cylinder.so your better off getting an mot failure or an insurance write off.it could costbest part of a grand and numerous hours in the garage tinkering.
                i think its worth thinking about for the furture my engine is still the jap one from new same head i know its not going to last forever
                and iam not fixing the engine when something major needs doing am going for something better engine wise
                am going to look at what you have said
                its not about price its about reliability
                it will need to do miles of both on road and off road driving for weeks on end
                i have trust in my 2.4 but it lacks power at times when your in need of it
                who knows i may need to put my stuff on to some other toyota 4x4

Comment

Working...
                X