Stormforce...very urgent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormforce...very urgent.

Rich. How can I tell if a pastie is a 2nd or 3rd gen pastie. I know the first gen pasties have ginster written all over the plastic packaging. What's the difference between the 2-3 gen pasties... Does the 3ts gen one taste of loreal?
    Non intercooled nothing.

3rd gens have extra plastic wrapping.

2nd gens have a lot more meat than potato!

1st gens are just raw meat!

Comment

A proper pastie should have no wrapping or ginster label, it should however overlap the edges of a coalminers shovel, these should not be compared with the common shovel depth/breadth of 12 inches but the more ample proportion of 16 - 20 inch depending whether the miner is a trainee or full qualified/back problems or suffering the onset of sili or phneumoconiosis . lol H

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Hi Vince. You forgot....4th gens No contents, just plastic wrapping. (Very ugly plastic wrapping, at that!).....Cheers....Mick.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

A proper pasty should be side crimped in order for it to be held to eat and then the crimped edge is then thrown away.
          One end of the pasty should have decent steak potato swede the other end would have the pudding in and seperated inside by a piece of pastry so the miners could have a main course and pudding in one

There are only a few places down here that will still make a proper Cornish Pasty
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            Rich. How can I tell if a pastie is a 2nd or 3rd gen pastie. I know the first gen pasties have ginster written all over the plastic packaging. What's the difference between the 2-3 gen pasties... Does the 3ts gen one taste of loreal?
            Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              There are only a few places down here that will still make a proper Cornish Pasty
              It must be about 30-odd years ago but when I was a kid there was a cracking place in Falmouth that we used to go to during holidays that sold the best cornish pasties I've ever had. I wonder if it's still there?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                It must be about 30-odd years ago but when I was a kid there was a cracking place in Falmouth that we used to go to during holidays that sold the best cornish pasties I've ever had. I wonder if it's still there?
                Philps pasties in Hayle are the best around as everyone at avalanche last week knows

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  Philps pasties in Hayle are the best around as everyone at avalanche last week knows
                  (Makes mental note to visit them next time I'm anywhere nearby)

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                    It'll have "GREGGS" above the door now with a big queue of obese women with equaly obese children in tow all hanging off a giant sos roll by now if the rest of the UK is anything to go by. H

Comment

Working...
                    X