Steertrak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Could be worse, you could have had a go yourself!
    Oi!!! did mine meself and it drives in a straight line (hands off the wheel) and dont want to wander, returns to center ok, no wear on the rubber as yet, and it cost me sweet FA
    i'll say it again, i DO NOT TRUST THESE SO CALLED EXPERTS
    bet if these guys stuck their instruments on mine it'd be well out (on paper) but wtf, it goes ok

Just thought i edit this, i realise not everyone fancys messing with stuff like tracking and fair enough then its best left to a proper alignment shop to deal with it, the big problem there is finding one that CAN do it right WITHOUT ripping you off, from my experience and those people i've known a goodun is pretty hard to find, i only had a go as i thought wtf! if i mess it up i can either get it done and pay through the nose or get rid of the truck, wasn't bothered either way, so i did it, and when you find out whats involved it really aint that bad, the difference is that a shop has the instruments which helps them do it quicker and easier and more exact than doing it yaself,
    doing it ones self means a lot of jacking up and down, a lot of adjusting, and a lot of measureing, but it is possible to get it pretty nigh right on and certainly good enough and more importantly safe enough,
    you do need some very high tech stuff to do it tho, like some string, bits of 2x1" wood, a tape measure, duck tape, and a sprit level, (and a jack)
    Last edited by POPEYE; 6 August 2010, 10:03.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Just spoke to him, tracking is spot on he says. May be he didnt recheck the steering wheel but tracking is spot on.
      He can come back monday lunchtime.

C U Next Tuesday.

I'll have to find somewhere Saturday to have it checked as I don't trust him.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Oi!!! did mine meself and it drives in a straight line (hands off the wheel) and dont want to wander, returns to center ok, no wear on the rubber as yet, and it cost me sweet FA ....

I meant Dieselboy having a go himself!

Comment

I called the last place I took it to (the moaners) and they have said bring it down tomorrow first thing.

I called steertrak back to say I need a vehicle for the weekend and can't really wait til Monday and the head office have got him to come back today.

If he couldn't do the job properly yesterday then I have lost confidence in the company. I understand sometimes people make a rare mistake. By the time I get home to test it tonight, it will be too late to call the office. But I explained to them office today if needed I'll go elsewhere and send them the report.
          This could end up costing me £82 for steertrak and £60 for it to be done elsewhere
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I'd be tempted to send Steertrack the bill for the job being corrected. If that doesn't work, along with a smile and a bit of politeness, a mention of the small claims court should jolly them along.

Comment

Steertrak are a franchise. I suppose this means some guys are spot on, others are ######s with no clue.

I had them do mine at work after I'd done the BJ spacers and put brand new BFG ATs on. Took him a good hour, some cursing and a lot of sweat but it drove like a dream when he'd finished.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

He has been and gone again but said he puts his hands up and it was his fault.

So we'll see when I get back tonight!
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Post the new figures when you get them.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I forgot to ask for them but he should have done them! And if so then I will do.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

No new figures, surf drives properly once more!

Early night before working on it tomorrow
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                      X