Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, who did it?

Who moved Nairn?

Just watched the English (masquerading as Scottish) news and they indicated Nairn south of the Forth... A couple of weeks back they relocated Slamannan to Paisley, then moved it back 6 hours later. I hope they put Nairn back soon, I like a run to Nairn, pointles if it's down here!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Maybe it's on a fault line, or you've been hoofing that Lexus around lately.

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed with my Lexus if I'm honest. It's not quick at all, bogs down badly when gunned and actually changes up on kickdown!.

And Nairn is still down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        I'm a bit disappointed with my Lexus if I'm honest. It's not quick at all, bogs down badly when gunned and actually changes up on kickdown!.

And Nairn is still down here.

Sounds like you need to do this...
        http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/emission/pcv_valve.html

I don't replace them though, just rinse them out in cellulouse thinners and a blast with an airline.

...and this......
        http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/EFI/throttlebody.html

You'll be surprised at the results just by de-coking the throttle body alone, smoother idle, better throttle response.

Re; the kickdown problem, replace the ATF, every Lexus transmission I've drained, the fluid was very dark brown.
        Don't take any notice of the purists on the Lexus forums, a good quality Dexron III ATF works just aswell as the 9 quid per liter dealer stuff (Type IV)
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 4 August 2010, 22:50.

Comment

That's a good wee site Vince.

I think I have injector issues too, the Lex lay for ages before Alan bought it, so they may be gummed up. I have 2 error codes too, No2 solenoid and an O2 sensor, the solenoiid won't be helping the kickdown problem?

And while I'm here, is there a flush for auto boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            That's a good wee site Vince.

I think I have injector issues too, the Lex lay for ages before Alan bought it, so they may be gummed up. I have 2 error codes too, No2 solenoid and an O2 sensor, the solenoiid won't be helping the kickdown problem?

And while I'm here, is there a flush for auto boxes?

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/trans...ransflush.html

No.2 solenoid problem will affect shifting, maybe it's just stuck open or the kickdown cable is out of adjustment. (it should be quite slack)
            An ATF flush would be the first thing I would do anyway.

Comment

I saw that on the lexls site, would be easier doing the 2 buckets thing?

I was wondering if there was a flush for auto boxes, like there is for engine oil and cooling systems, or maybe a trick way to make sure the box is nice and clean once the fluid is changed. Or will the fluid clean the box as it's being changed?

Comment

Working...
              X