Supercharging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharging

I have been toying with the idea of buying a jeep v8 due to the fact they are cheaper than an amazon by far! Does anyone know how much it would cost to have it supercharged or has anyone supercharged a v8 before? Please don't extradite me for these impure thoughts I will keep the surf for towing the jeep!!

If you add the cost of supercharging and all the associated paraphernalia that needs to go with it, it'll all add up to the cost of an Amazon anyway, plus you'll be reducing the life of the engine anyway unless it's totally rebuilt first.

Comment

Thanks for that, I think I'll just keep saving the pennies till I reach a v8 amazon maybe around 2020!!

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
        Thanks for that, I think I'll just keep saving the pennies till I reach a v8 amazon maybe around 2020!!

Not trying to put you off the idea, but a decent supercharger will cost around 2k fitted, plus other parts like upgraded injectors etc. on top of the purchase price of a mechanically sound Jeep and you can see the need for speed comes at a premium.

Comment

It's the reduction of engine life added in to the costs that's a wee bit off putting and I'm not too sure of the jeep build quality and to be honest I would be more confident supercharging a Toyota or lexus but I'm probably just biased towards the Japanese machines!! I have also considered a v8 lexsurf but that's more expensive than a 2005 jeep!

Comment

If you are seriously looking at supercharging then would you not be able or not be looking to have the engine refreshed first anyway? Having not looked into this myself, would you need different pistons or crank to support the extra fuel / air?
            If that is not required then if you obtain a good running engine, then new rings / bearings and seals (and gaskets) may all that be required.

While the heads off some gas flowing and port matching would be at an ideal time.

Of course knowing where to stop is key. But I feel if something like that is going to be done then doing it properly is the only way.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
            X