No announcement yet.

Hey from BC, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread HIJACK - what Landcruiser springs do you need? might be cheaper than roughtrax uprated, how much lift do they give? What should the distance between the wheel and wheel arch be?
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Nice truck did you do the wheels yourself? like them
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
        Thread HIJACK - what Landcruiser springs do you need? might be cheaper than roughtrax uprated, how much lift do they give? What should the distance between the wheel and wheel arch be?

They are LC80 springs I think? I bought them from Milners. I have been told that using just the LC springs sitting in the Surf mounts will cause them to move as the LC springs are about a 1/3 wider than the Surf ones at the top. Because of this, I bought Surfensteins LC coils to Surf adapter cups. These keep the springs exactly where they are supposed to be and they don't move at all. You could have taken a look at mine on Saturday!

The bottom of the spring is narrower and is the same size so sits into the cup perfect.
        Attached Files
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I only decided it needs doing yesterday, I was looking underneath at my bent rear bumper and saw the offside is nearly on the bumpstop (with an empty fuel tank) while the other is about 35mm off. My front needs winding up by about 40mm, so when I do that the rear is going to look really saggy.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            They are LC80 springs I think? I bought them from Milners. I have been told that using just the LC springs sitting in the Surf mounts will cause them to move as the LC springs are about a 1/3 wider than the Surf ones at the top. Because of this, I bought Surfensteins LC coils to Surf adapter cups. These keep the springs exactly where they are supposed to be and they don't move at all. You could have taken a look at mine on Saturday!

The bottom of the spring is narrower and is the same size so sits into the cup perfect.
            Aye dieselboy is right you do need the adapter cups, have changed my old saggy ones the other week for the roughtrax +2 spings and what a difference
            The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

I think it's probably easier to get the roughtrax +2" springs then

Comment

Just think where you want to be with your truck. I bought the 2" spring spacers of TonN about 2 months ago, and then decided I would rather have the slightly bigger lift with the LC coils after I kept reading on here.

Some people say the +2" springs dont give +2" or even 1" and this was the reason I went for the LC coils.

The spacers I bought from TonyN are for sale. I'll need to pay for advertising to Nigel beforehand though (I have a few bits n bobs to go but havent got round to it.)
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

what do you want for them? I only want to get 2" lift Front and rear and level it all out. PM me

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                    Nice truck did you do the wheels yourself? like them
                    Thanks guys and yes I did the wheels myself, I got some paint stripper and stripped all the clear coat and paint off of the them, then sanded them down and then used a greese and wax remover to make sure all the sanding was removed. After that I used an etching primer and then a touch rust proof wheel paint made by plasti-kote. hope that helps, it was a pain to do all 5 but I think it looks awesome!

Comment

Nice truck Cody.
                      Cody the arch extension i had was left on a truck that went today.The good news is and thatss give JustBrad a shout on here and he will sell it for the same price as i was selling it.I never had chance to get it off before he came to collect the truck but he is happy to sell it for £10 plus p&p
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        Nice truck Cody.
                        Cody the arch extension i had was left on a truck that went today.The good news is and thatss give JustBrad a shout on here and he will sell it for the same price as i was selling it.I never had chance to get it off before he came to collect the truck but he is happy to sell it for £10 plus p&p
                        sounds good! is there any easier way to message each other on here other than starting a whole new @JustBrad thread?

Comment

unfortunately you will have to be a paid up member to be able to use the pm function.Brad may have a email addy in his profile though if you click onto his username
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                          X