95% done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95% done

Swapping out the fuel pump today,(cheers mudskipper) glorious morning too, got a nice brunch and a cuppa then started the job, pretty easy but made a lot easier by stripping lots of bits out of the way.

All nearly done, right up to re-fitting the timing belt then the rain got the better of me (I really need a workshop!) so I'll finish it tomorrow night if it stays dry.

Fingers crossed it solves my problem, if not then it's back to the head scratching and asking loads of questions on here.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

nice one!

Regards

TFB

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
      nice one!
      Are you any good at airbrushing? You remind me of someone.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

nope, sorry not me

Regards

TFB

Comment

it worked on mine so i should work on yours

hope it sorts your probs, BTW vsv's on mine have grown legs, if i find them i will post them to you.
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Cheers John. I'll post on this thread tomorrow night if she runs ok.
            Alan

Comment

fingers crossed
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

B*GGER!!!!!

Still the same, time to go back to the other thread and keep asking for help.
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                  B*GGER!!!!!

Still the same, time to go back to the other thread and keep asking for help.
                  Swap that VSV.

Comment

poop, bin the VSV's lol.

Better go and re-cap thread to see whats what.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Will it run with all the VSVs binned?

Comment

I think start up and shut down suffers a wee bit Andy, but Tony has stated before that they are not essential.
                        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          Will it run with all the VSVs binned?
                          yeah, they control the small throttle butterfly which is only choke the motor of air when you turn it off, it stops it turning off with a 'thunk' and saves the injectors running out of fuel after the spill control valve shuts down
                          ,so in thoery it starts quicker as the injectors don't wait for fuel pressure, in reality its only second different.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            yeah, they control the small throttle butterfly which is only choke the motor of air when you turn it off, it stops it turning off with a 'thunk' and saves the injectors running out of fuel after the spill control valve shuts down
                            ,so in thoery it starts quicker as the injectors don't wait for fuel pressure, in reality its only second different.
                            Definitely worth disconnecting them then? Disconnect the hard pipe as close to the exhauster as possible.

Comment

yeah, you only really need any of the chokes to make a vacuum for the EGR work, the 1KZ/T 4Runner dosn't have them, or the 2.4/2.8 pickups.

Make sure its in the open position, and give it a try.

A faulty or wrongly plumbed one definatly makes the truck a bitch to start unless you use the throttle to open the main butterfly and it won't idle, but it will run. so not exactly the same symptons.

Comment

Working...
                              X