lift kit fitting costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift kit fitting costs

have 2" suspension and body lift kits, could anyone give me a rough idea of the cost of having someone fit them? don't suppose theres any recommendations for anyone in N Ireland who could do it. thanks.

No idea of what labour rates are, but I'd guess that a garage would want a day to two days labour.

Regards
    TFB

Comment

The rear is pretty easy to do yourself if you have tools. So's the front depending on how you're liftin it.

Comment

the 2" body lift is very easy 5h1t i did it

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
          No idea of what labour rates are, but I'd guess that a garage would want a day to two days labour.

Regards
          TFB
          Two days????

Body lift is a couple of hours tops, springs change is an hour or so. Thats using DIY tools!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Two days????

Body lift is a couple of hours tops, springs change is an hour or so. Thats using DIY tools!
            Yep, but if you know a garage that will actualy charge you for the amount of time they really spend on your car then let me know!

I reckon a garage would charge you a day for two blokes to do it.

Regards
            TFB

Comment

Jimmy Ryan in Denny only charges the time he works on vehicles. He's 100% trustworthy too.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Two days????

That depends on wether you have to make brackets or not.
                If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Jimmy Ryan in Denny only charges the time he works on vehicles. He's 100% trustworthy too.
                  If he is coming all the way to Denny he may as well go a couple of mile more and get me to do it
                  Brian

Comment

What brackets?

Rad drop? Only if you have a 2.4. 3" strips of steel with a couple of holes drilled - ten minutes. (I was tempted to say 'priceless' as per the TV ad there)

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      If he is coming all the way to Denny he may as well go a couple of mile more and get me to do it
                      He could get there a lot faster if...

Comment

Two days????

Body lift took us ALL DAY and was a hassle of a job. We didn't have the right tools for the job to lift the body off the chassis. You need an assortment of wood blocks and a few jacks at least. We had 1 bit of wood and two crappy jacks.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

What brackets?

Rad drop? Only if you have a 2.4. 3" strips of steel with a couple of holes drilled - ten minutes. (I was tempted to say 'priceless' as per the TV ad there)
                          And bumper brackets..................

I would of said it's more than a couple of hours to do a lift if someone hasn't done it before.
                          If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

A garage, even if they've never done a Surf lift before, should be able to manage it it less than 2 days, even if they have to make a couple of bumper brackets (again just a couple of bits of steel plate with four holes drilled).

If they cant manage that, I dont think I'd like them working on any car of mine.

However, its a personal choice to accept its going to take 2 days and go and pay 16 hours labour (around £600 - £800 these days) - an opening in the market for someone like Stormy who already has space and trucks lying around? 'Lifts While-U-Wait' perhaps? By the sound of it, no-one would bat an eyelid at, say £200 + parts.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                              Body lift took us ALL DAY and was a hassle of a job. We didn't have the right tools for the job to lift the body off the chassis. You need an assortment of wood blocks and a few jacks at least. We had 1 bit of wood and two crappy jacks.
                              What you're saying is it took you a day because you were unprepared.

Last one I did (for a member on here) took a couple of hours for the two of us, and that included filing around the gear stick (a manual) and a couple of beers.

Comment

Working...
                              X