Radiator blocked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator blocked up

Hi all. Well am having problems with my truck overheating, so changed thermostat, changed rad cap, tookoff and checked waterpump, but none of this worked. Both the front and rear heaters blow hot, so no sign of air locking. Then noticed that when all the hoses were hot after a short run that the top and bottom of the radiator was hot but only quarter of the matrix was hot, the rest was stone cold. Drained and flushed with hose, then refilled with rad flush added, following instructions on the bottle to the letter. Drained, flushed, refilled, burped & topped up. Went out for a run, but still blocked up & temp gague well above normal. Drained and tried blasting out with jet washer through rad cap hole, then poured hot water in through rad cap filler, matrix still feels cold so no better. This was all done with rad in situe as has ATF cooler pipes at bottom of rad. My questions are 1)would taking rad out to flush when horizontal make a difference. 2)would using compressed air line instead of water hose work. 3) is it worth takeing to a radiator rebuilder for recoreing, or would it be a more economical option to replace with new. 4)having trouble sorcing a new radiator (Roughtrax & millner don't list for 2.7). Local motorfactor quoting £304.
    Any advice/suggestions welcome.
    Stew
    Last edited by night trunker; 29 July 2010, 17:30. Reason: poor grammer

Try giving roughtrax a call i'm pretty sure they will be able to help!
    I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Working...
    X