Front heater blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front heater blower

I read a post on here not that long ago that someone had replaced their front heater blower with one from an Avensis. I've had a search but i'm bu**ered if I can find the post now and was wondering which model Avensis it was from?

Cheers
    Paul

now i'm puzzled

Okay a wee update, I replaced the heater blower today but it still refuses to work. Is there a relay or fuse somewhere that I have missed or have I bought a knackered blower?

Comment

check the resistors on the back of the plug, otherwise it might be your switch on dash. Think the fuses are on the passenger side above the ECU.

Just out of curiosity, why a Avensis? Why not replace it with a Surf one, theres lots around, (I have 4!!! )
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        check the resistors on the back of the plug, otherwise it might be your switch on dash. Think the fuses are on the passenger side above the ECU.

Just out of curiosity, why a Avensis? Why not replace it with a Surf one, theres lots around, (I have 4!!! )
        Cheers Tony i'll check them out tomorrow, as for the avensis I read a post recently that someone had used one but couldn't find the post to check which year. There is a surf nearby which has a cracked head but the guy who owns it wants rid of the whole thing rather than just bits and i've nowhere to keep it.

Comment

Ooo, that was me that replaced my surf heater blower with one from an avensis. I think it was x or y reg, but it was for my 3rd gen surf. If the fan isn't working at all, I would put a volt meter on the terminals and try the switch.

When I was looking for a fan for mine, I couldn't find one for love nor money, and when I eventually did find one, the guy wanted £50 for it. But as my post said, I got 2 from the scrap yard for £10!

I hope you have sorted your fan out by now, sorry I didn't see the post earlier too!

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Working...
          X