Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having a punt at this ?

http://www.focusmotorcosheffield.co.uk/282164/stock.htm

It seems v cheap as the prices from Japan before shipping, import tax etc etc start at 10K and above.

Also where's the Hi/Low stick have they turned them into a "Freelander" type 4WD

Sorry the link is a bit screwy, it's on page 2 of the site, left hand column, 4th one down.

Not sure I like it, it's very different
    Last edited by MDITCH; 29 July 2010, 09:55.

I know it's a 4th gen and it's a 2004 model, but I only paid 5k for my 2001 3rd gen!

Comment

Looks as though the model has gone further towards the 'luxury' end of the 4x4 market and lost some of the off-road and utilitarian abilities which make the Gen 2 and 3 such useful vehicles.

Comment

looks a little too plastic for my liking, probably break something at the mere sight of dirt let alone taking it offroad.

i guess they want to appeal to the chelsea tractor lot.

does anyone here actually own one?
        My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Yeah I much prefer the looks of the 2nd and 3rd Gens to that but I guess if we keep wanting Surfs in the future that's what we're going to be driving ... maybe it will grow on me in time.

Where did you get your Surf from Bushwhacker, that seems like a great price compared to the Surfs I'm looking at in the ads now.

Comment

I bet they would still be good off road! Only one way to find out!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I dunno about off road I can't find anything about the 4wd system on them on the net, I can't see a Hi/Low stick I wonder how the 4wd operates ??

Comment

surely the plastic trim would break quite easily and you would have to replace quite a section of it.

maybe top gear should put it through its paces and see what happens.
                My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

That truck looks remarkably like the one Sabe imports had on sale in Bradford in fact the pic is the same as used by Sabe same background etc
                  you can get them in 2wd only or upgrade to the 4x4 so they say.......?
                  Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Well I like it, nice looking truck, have you seen the load area after the back seats , two big plastic bins (wheel arch covers) that really eat into the carrying ability

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                    X