advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed

hi all .i have an isuzu bighorn and i will be fitting a new turbo but the problem is if i fit the oil return pipe (metal) to the turbo i cant get the angle i need to fit the turbo to the engine and if i fit it to the engine i cant fit the pipe to the turbo (no room to do up one of the nuts under the turbo.so my plan is to cut the metal pipe about 8 to 10 ins below the turbo slide a rubber oil pipe on the bottom half built the top part to Th turbo fit turbo to engine and bridge the gap in the oil return pipe with the rubber pipe + 2 jubilee clips do you think this would be ok ?.its a very simple way to get around a prob that stopped the job dead .thanks . steve

If it's the oil return pipe, it'll probably be ok. If it's the supply pipe, it'll probably not be ok.

I'd be more inclined to figure out what happened to it and why it won't fit.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

well there's just one of the two bolts that you cant start two of us failed to do it up there's just no room

Comment

I did the same thing on a Frontera with the 2.8 Isuzu engine once.
        It held for over year without any leaks even using just reinforced PVC tubing.

Regards

TFB

Comment

The Isuzu is a Frontera.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Whats the O.D. of the metal pipe, as you could cut it and fit compression nut and olives to it then get a hose made for it although it would need to be teflon hose due to the heat which is pricey.
            If you were going to sleeve it i would use silicon hose again due to the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              The Isuzu is a Frontera.
              But also came with a VM engine or a Vauxhall, depending on age.

Regards

TFB

Comment

Originally posted by g3po View Post
                Whats the O.D. of the metal pipe, as you could cut it and fit compression nut and olives to it then get a hose made for it although it would need to be teflon hose due to the heat which is pricey.
                If you were going to sleeve it i would use silicon hose again due to the heat.
                I used 3/4 bore pipe to join the two sections.

Regards

TFB

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  The Isuzu is a Frontera.
                  well no a frontera was an isuzu in fact isuzu made the trooper and re-badged it for other car makers .the frontera i do believe was called something else until vauxhall got hold of it .again i think im right in saying that the first fronteras had vauxhall engines in which is the reason for them being crap the later ones had the isuzu engine .to say an isuzu is really a vauxhall is no different to saying an isuzu is a honda as they also had the trooper .again i do believe that isuzu made the trooper as a cheap copy of the shogun ,but the troopers i see seem to be in better condition than the shoguns of the same age and i for one would rather have an old trooper than a shogun.i think its horses for courses my surf is fantastic off road but my trooper is a far superior tow car than the surf i feel that it has a better seating position and doesn't come with all the problems that toyota built into the engines i also think that the surf is a better looking car if i had to sell one i think i would sell the isuzu and the only reason is that i likethe surf off road .the plan has always been that when i kill the surf off road i would sell the bits start using the isuzu for work and off roading and get something to replace the isuzu as our clean / weekend /going to the caravan car,the thing is the surfs too good off road and it might just out live the isuzu.

Comment

I thought the frontera had isuzu engines in some, but the one that's a Trooper in disguise is a Monterey!!

alan
                    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

So much for Oil pipes
                      I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evildwarf View Post
                        So much for Oil pipes
                        is there a thread anywhere that's stayed on topic??????
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

yes there was one it went for about 2,000 post's it was all about nothing
                          I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
                            I used 3/4 bore pipe to join the two sections.

Regards

TFB
                            well thanks for that ill give it ago week after next going to try for a week off work that is if the surf holds out this time .

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
                              I thought the frontera had isuzu engines in some, but the one that's a Trooper in disguise is a Monterey!!

alan
                              yep and the honda horizon

Comment

Working...
                              X