yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swiching the indicator & wiper stalks over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiching the indicator & wiper stalks over?

Has anybody ever tried to do it or is it not possible without it being a wiring nightmare.

Obviously you can't switch the ones that are on but i was thinking more of getting something off of a uk toyota from a scrappy & useing them cos most toyota parts are the same.

Feel free to tell me to shut up if im talking bow locks.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

what difference would the UK ones have?... they've got pictures on, not jap writing??
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

aren't all japanese car the same? indicators on wrong side
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
        aren't all japanese car the same? indicators on wrong side
        Uk spec cars are on the opposite side to a surf, reason i asked is because every car ive ever owned the indicators are on the left & now i have been useing a van for work "astra" im forever flicking the wipers on to indicate, would prefer the surf to be the same as all other cars i drive.

Just wondered if it was possible without much fuss.
        Last edited by si tate; 27 July 2010, 23:23.

Comment

I was thinking about this today, would love to know if it's possible.
          I'm for ever putting on the wipers when I go to indicate, misses thinks I'm an idiot... She may have a point...

Comment

uk cars differ on the sides of the indicator & wiper away
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
              uk cars differ on the sides of the indicator & wiper away

That sounds like a paragraph from a translated Japanese Haynes manual.

Comment

Strangely I never have a problem in the Surf. However when I've been using the Surf and then drive the Mondeo I'm forever using my windscreen wipers to show my directions. It's even worse when I use my mothers Fiat I have in the past gone to flash the headlights and washed the windscreen instead!
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                  Uk spec cars are on the opposite side to a surf, reason i asked is because every car ive ever owned the indicators are on the left & now i have been useing a van for work "astra" im forever flicking the wipers on to indicate, would prefer the surf to be the same as all other cars i drive.

Just wondered if it was possible without much fuss.
                  Bad news, Mines a UK spec 4Runner with the indicators on the "wrong" side, same as your surf!

I'd like to change mine over as well,find it a real PIA. What makes it worse for me is the wifes Galaxy is left hand drive so I can't find the gear stick,turn the wipers on to go round corners,and flap at the dash to pull the hand brake on!

Regards

Mark

Comment

same here my lexus is a uk spec and that is the same as my surf aswell.
                    cheers shaun
                    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      That sounds like a paragraph from a translated Japanese Haynes manual.
                      it aint tho dude
                      its from the 30 odd cars i have had
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

My nans import corolla had indicators on the wrong side. Really not sure why it was imported. Was the 1.3 Limited

Why don't you just do what everyone else on the road does, and not use them?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

From what i can see cars brfore 1996 are the same as the surf,but after this they changed over??
                          any way i have tried hi-ace and rav 4 switch gear and they have a different pin setup...so things dont work like they should...squirts water with wipers
                          or wrong speeds etc..
                          Im thinkin landcruiser might be more compatable??
                          Regards g1xer

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                            Has anybody ever tried to do it or is it not possible without it being a wiring nightmare.

Obviously you can't switch the ones that are on but i was thinking more of getting something off of a uk toyota from a scrappy & useing them cos most toyota parts are the same.

Feel free to tell me to shut up if im talking bow locks.

Si, shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by K2Surf View Post
                              I was thinking about this today, would love to know if it's possible.
                              I'm for ever putting on the wipers when I go to indicate, misses thinks I'm an idiot... She may have a point...
                              Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                              Strangely I never have a problem in the Surf. However when I've been using the Surf and then drive the Mondeo I'm forever using my windscreen wipers to show my directions. It's even worse when I use my mothers Fiat I have in the past gone to flash the headlights and washed the windscreen instead!
                              Originally posted by s car go View Post
                              Bad news, Mines a UK spec 4Runner with the indicators on the "wrong" side, same as your surf!

I'd like to change mine over as well,find it a real PIA. What makes it worse for me is the wifes Galaxy is left hand drive so I can't find the gear stick,turn the wipers on to go round corners,and flap at the dash to pull the hand brake on!

Regards

Mark
                              Im glad its not just me then.

Comment

Working...
                              X