Would you buy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy....

This for £10k if someone else was going to maintain it (and pay for the costs) and you could sell it on in a year's time?

Seriously.

I love them, so yes.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

NO

knock him down to £9950
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Hell yes, if I had £10k burning a hole in my pocket!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Research into to the future re-sale value first, although I can't see it depreciating.
          A classic ragtop, in London, seriously? I hope you've got a garage.

Is that a 302ci or 351?
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 27 July 2010, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Research into to the future re-sale value first, although I can't see it depreciating.
            A classic ragtop, in London, seriously? I hope you've got a garage.

Is that a 302ci or 351?
            It's a 302

I don't personally have a garage, but it would be stored as well as maintained. I can't see it depreciating either, and they seem to go for more than £10k at the moment, but I am undecided. A lot of money for something I don't really have a use for, but probably better than leaving it in the bank gathering dust. Hmmmmm.

Comment

cant say that ya had one
              unless ya have had one
              ya will kick your self if you dont
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                A lot of money for something I don't really have a use for
                I came to a similar conclusion today too!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Well if it's stored as well, and you won't be putting many more miles on it, then I would seriously consider it from an investment point of view.
                  You could probably pocket a few thousand by this time next year.

Comment

My concern would a lack of will power to ever sell that on.

To own and drive such a lovely thing is a petrol heads dream.
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                      My concern would a lack of will power to ever sell that on.
                      Kind of mine too. There's money sat in the bank at the moment but I'm going to need it in a year's time and that would mean getting rid of the Mustang again.

Comment

I wouldnt personally, but thats because Ive never paid that much for a car and hopefully never will. There is an element of risk ( small ) that in 1 yrs time you will not get your money back. On the other hand of course you could profit
                        Cant you have a go in it when you fancy a spin, as part of your car club scheme ?
                        It just seems a bit daft to me to spend that much just for the bragging rights, so you can say that you once owned one. Lets face it, most people will hardly listen or care. However, if being able to say it, gives you a warm fuzzy feel, just do it. Youre a long time dead.

Bogus
                        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                          Cant you have a go in it when you fancy a spin, as part of your car club scheme
                          Yes, but if I own it, I get membership for free as long as I leave it with them to run.

Comment

go for it sancho,you know you want too.lets face it unless it turns out to fall apart at the end of the year,your onto a winner,you could possibly rent it out for weddings and other stuff during your ownership to make your money b ack as well.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

well, the instant access ISA made £75 interest on £25,000 last year... so if you make that, you're on a winner!!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X