Heater plug light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater plug light.

I thought this light wasn't working but this morning it flashed for less than a second. In a gen three how long would this light stay on. Fuse is not blown but I haven't tested the plugs yet, some of them may be down. Committed the unforgivable sin of buying a diesel when I could feel it had run earlier in the day. Ordered a starter solenoid kit from a nice chap in the midlands also. Sounds like a lazy starter but I suspect it's the solenoid contacts burning out.
    Only had it 4 days and I've got it to fix already!.

The light will only stay on for a few seconds, depending on the engine temperature. The plugs are on for much longer, you'll hear the relay click off after a few seconds.

Lay starting is more likely to be batteries than a starter solenoid.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Mine comes on for about a second or so at the moment but it has always started so far. I have only had my truck a couple of weeks so the weather has been warm ever since.
      My engine doesn't spin over on the starter with the vigour of a petrol engine. I have taken this to be normal for a big 'old school' diesel.
      Cheers,
      Mark

Comment

the light don't stay on long in mine but i wait until the doors lock then i start the truck.Mine has the anti hijack locking system on it which takes about 10secs from when the ignition is on
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          the light don't stay on long in mine but i wait until the doors lock then i start the truck.Mine has the anti hijack locking system on it which takes about 10secs from when the ignition is on
          Maybe there is a career in Jo'berg as a taxi driver for you!You could retro fit one of those flamethrowers to the underside just to be safer!

Comment

Working...
          X