Front ARB removal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front ARB removal help

When we did the lift, we tried removing the front ARB. The nearside mount to the wishbone / control arm just turns and wont undo.

Any suggestions how to get it off? I havent looked at it in a while.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    When we did the lift, we tried removing the front ARB. The nearside mount to the wishbone / control arm just turns and wont undo.

Any suggestions how to get it off? I havent looked at it in a while.
    Mole grips on the bar.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Cheers I'll give it a go. Friend seemed to think it was spinning inside and mole grips wouldn't do it. I'll try though!
      Cheers!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        Cheers I'll give it a go. Friend seemed to think it was spinning inside and mole grips wouldn't do it. I'll try though!
        Cheers!
        I am pretty sure the bar is one piece and it will be spinning in the ball joint at the top.
        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Thanks for the tips!
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Are you trying to split the mounting from the bar or the mounting from the wishbone?

Mounting from wishbone should be done first. Then, once on the bench, take the mounting off the bar. There's a slot (or hex, I can't remember which) at the pivot to hold it whilst you undo the nut.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Was trying to remove it from the wishbone. Now he reckons it's threaded

If I cannot get ARB drop spacers in time then I'll remove the ARB for Avalanche and modify the exhaust. Then re-fit the ARB for the road (with spacers). I've left the rear ARB off as it's STIFF.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I left both ends off (back and front) aint noticed a whole lot of difference on the front when cornering etc,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                X