yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General query - heated fuel filter (also SVO/WVO users?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General query - heated fuel filter (also SVO/WVO users?)

Given that my fuel primer appears to have a problem maintaining pressure and I'm looking around at various solutions I was curious if anyone had used one of these (or similar) and would care to share experiences:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/220477913234

Should be good in the winter, especially for using veggie oil...

It also works out cheaper than buying a genuine Toyota fuel primer head from Roughtrax.
    Last edited by Rustinho; 19 July 2010, 02:39.

The problem with coolant heated fuel is you have to actually start the engine and run on cold fuel for quite a while until coolant is hot enough to heat the fuel. I personally would go for an electric version.

Nev

Comment

Nevs right in that it does tsk some time for the coolant to start toheat the veg. Leccy ones get past this to a degree but bear in mind that if the fuel is that cold that it is gelling both types of heaters will not heat the veg in the fuel Tank and in the fuel lines hence many use a mix in winter.

I have been using a coolant heated fuel exchanger for a couple of years now and all has been well however I would prefer an electric one if I was sure that the heat it gavetothe veg was enough that it lasted from the veg leaving. The heating element and going through the injectors.

Maybe have a look on vegetableoildiesel forum to see what the opinions are.

Comment

Working...
      X