P****d off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stara
    £45k a year is a hell of a job to lose,, good luck.
    I thought | was doing all right on £36K for an average three day week, PAYE and 25 year contract.
    Once you are on the railways there is no escape. Any company or agency that sees your railway certs just goes deaf when you say you would like experience elsewhere. Moneys not bad though.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
      Hmm. Maybe a change in direction is whats required then (points get it! sorry!)

I'll have a look at that. Where you get your PTS training?
      Sorry to hear about your job. Try some sites like metronet, tubelines.com. www.tfl.co.uk etc if you want to give the railway a go.

Good luck.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

What I would like to get into is mobile phone transmitter maintenance. I used to do it last time I was on the cards.

Used to maintain all the 230v side of the transmitters. Lots of desolate hills and roof tops. Interesting view on top of the science museum you know.

Lots of microwaves.......( I dont mean the ovens either ).
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Woohoo. Back in employment!!! £3ph less than before and NO pricework. Still better than nothing!

Still looking for something better though!

I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

What I would like to get into is mobile phone transmitter maintenance. I used to do it last time I was on the cards.

Used to maintain all the 230v side of the transmitters. Lots of desolate hills and roof tops. Interesting view on top of the science museum you know.

Lots of microwaves.......( I dont mean the ovens either ).
            my mate used to do that for internet services (INS) in reading... not entirely sure if they're still trading though!... or move to Newbury and become a VODACLONE!... but at least they have Elton john at their anual dinner party!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Woohoo. Back in employment!!! £3ph less than before and NO pricework. Still better than nothing!

Aren't we all.....

Good for you. at least it didn't take too long. I was out of work for 6 months last year, drove me crackers..... well....ok, more crackers, but I'm better now.... really
              Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Yeah!! Well done there!!
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X