Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike safe

http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/

has anyone here done the course and is it any good?

I was thinking of doing it if there are places this summer.
    If it can be broken it can be fixed

good course mate and some insurence companys like it too, there are some idiot bikers out there who would do well to go on this course
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Any advanced training, particulsrly those run by the Police or ex-Police riders is not a bad thing.

Have a look at having a RoSPA assessment too, that can be an eye opener.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
        good course mate and some insurence companys like it too, there are some idiot bikers out there who would do well to go on this course
        I would like to think im not one of those idiot bikers, i still make the odd co#k up but i dont generally ride like a ###.

my insurance is up for renewal so ill check with them is it makes a difference.

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Any advanced training, particulsrly those run by the Police or ex-Police riders is not a bad thing.

Ill have a look at the RoSPA, been riding a year now so good time to nip any bad habbits now.

Its a pity the RoSPA bike course is only run in Birmingham.
        If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

i know a safe bike
          she's got papers and everything
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

I would certainly agree, especially with the police/ex-police drivers thing.

I did a training course (encouraged by the police *ahem* following an accident that was my fault) and my instructor was an ex police driving instructor for cars and bikes. He was absolutely fantastic and I would recommend anyone doing the same, hopefully before they have an accident...

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
              I would certainly agree, especially with the police/ex-police drivers thing.

I did a training course (encouraged by the police *ahem* following an accident that was my fault) and my instructor was an ex police driving instructor for cars and bikes. He was absolutely fantastic and I would recommend anyone doing the same, hopefully before they have an accident...
              ahem! too late i'm afraid but on a more serious note i think a lot of drivers should be pushed to go on a training course that is designed by motorcyclists for the car drivers and show/educate them in what the motorcyclist faces everyday on the road
              I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm just contemplating an RF900 after having not ridden for the last 8 years.
                I don't know how much in the way of riding skills one loses over time, but the accident stats don't look good for potential born again 50+ bikers like me. Despite a 30 year riding history I think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to sign up for a refresher course.

Comment

Working...
                X